The Budget

PaulB

whats all this about £400 4x4 tax for gas guzzlers?

Hope this dont affect us thats for sure !!

Braveheart

I hope they don't tax 4x4. I have Mitsubishi Delica and Outlander which I need because the road has so many pot holes on it and the council do not grit or clear snow.
I'll be parking them accross the road in protest if they do!

Lionel

it beter ****ing not that **** tony blair takes to much money off use just so he can have a fcuking nice life in number 10 and same with his little dog brown he a **** as well

Fusion Ed

It cant affect the pulsar, or any cars with unknown COs emissions. Its based on cars which produce over 225g/km of co2 (I think, has it even become rule yet) the base rate however on our tax may increase by around £15 a year. (this was all from stuff I read a few days ago so may be wrong)

PaulB

ah right, so its gotta have the C02 figure for it.

Anyone any idea how to work it out ? Wonder what a 400bhp pulsar kicks out?!?

Fusion Ed

you cant, its taken from the manufacturer specifications, the pulsar doesn't have any :) so it will be taxed on engine capacity.

DanValv3r

ive heard on the grape vine and they are saying on the radio that it is all going on engine size now, 2.0ltr and upwards is the top bracket apparently, fookin ****ers!!!

think ill be moving to france soon

paz

I asked in the post office and they said if you pay the £175 tax now, it'll just go up a fiver. So not too bad.

paz

Fusion Ed

Just looked it up myself.

Private/light goods 12 months rate £ 6 months rate £

Not over 1549cc 115.00 63.25

Over 1549cc 180.00 99.00

C

crash bandit

I don't think engine size comes into it. It is based on Co2 emissions. Even some 4x4's might escape it, and as there are no figures for the imported pulsar, I don't think there will be much change. Maybe a small'ish increase, but I dont suppose it will be long before the latch on!!!!!!!!

A

a11ova

phoned DVLA, because our car is registered before 2001 our tax is worked out on engine size not CO2 emissions. As stated 12 months is £180 (gone up a fiver)

Fusion Ed

For everyone here engine size is what matters. What i posted applies directly to the pulsar. All cars since around 2001 must have CO2 tests by the manufacturer, and then the tax bands apply. I did not add these as they don't apply to anyone here with a pulsar.

edit, a11ova posted whilst I was typing :) lol

A

a11ova

Micra Ed said:
For everyone here engine size is what matters. What i posted applies directly to the pulsar. All cars since around 2001 must have CO2 tests by the manufacturer, and then the tax bands apply. I did not add these as they don't apply to anyone here with a pulsar.

edit, a11ova posted whilst I was typing :) lol
too fast and too cool for school :p