the 12k gtir

red reading

Few years time you'll be looking back thinking bargain, there is a delta integrate up for £85k at the moment.

vss irvine

if that was a 12k car, it would have a proper advert that hasnt been used for another car.
it wouldnt have a sunny badge.
it would have a standard exhaust, stereo, uncut parcel shelf wouldnt be lowered etc etc

if your going to advertise a car at top money, you should do your homework and get your facts straight.

uprated waterpump???? wtf

johnny gtir

As above sunny badge and exhaust stood out a mile plus its not low milage and i never even read the add was flicking through e bay when i saw it

Does look mint though.
They were selling another mint Grey one for £6,995.
I wonder if that sold.

Good on them for selling that high.
Lets not hate.

P

pulsarboby

yeah tbh if you want the price of the cars to be hiked up then its best not to pick holes in the car
il be putting 2 up next year for 6k+ and im sure a few others will follow suit (its the only way to make prices rise is by advertising high and not budging)

i know who bought the grey one (which was advertised with them) as its been down to us on more than one occasion, thats all im saying on that one lol

red reading

Cannot blame you for selling cars at 6k, most of the shit ones have gone or been broken now so there is a shortage of mint original cars. Also helps that the economy is getting better in various countries where the cars are wanted.

my personal view on this is its not worth it being the import if it was however a uk car in that condition although the price is still quite steep it would still be a go-er but its an import and i think its to expensive irrespect of the condition.

red reading

my personal view on this is its not worth it being the import if it was however a uk car in that condition although the price is still quite steep it would still be a go-er but its an import and i think its to expensive irrespect of the condition.
If every car enthusiast thought that the classic car market would be dead, import or not they are just as important so the value should be similar.

The real differance is that the euro cars seem to have earley chassis numbers (one I have is chassis 49) and also the rally cars were based on uk/ euro cars.

vss irvine

what im trying to say if you want top money for a car, then spend the time and do it right, details are the key to getting top dollar.

you have to ensure that when someone looks at a car they cant find any reason to pick fault in it.

im not hating at all, its about time people started realising its worth more putting these cars back to standard and keeping them on the road instead of ripping them to fuck for maximum profit.

we've been putting cars back to stock for last 3 years and (touch wood) every car thats been for sale, the first person that has viewed it has bought it.

restoration is the key to higher prices. and restoration is all about the details

chopper

If a car is modified well with good parts and looked after thereis no reason they shoulded be worth good money. I personal dont like to see them stripped out and missing bits. Mine is only lightly modified and done will good parts. bar cheap FMIC, i would like a better one and a standard bumper but money is tight at the mo. I choose mine due to condition and extras, like the still sealed umbrella. Now have flare and elluminated key ring. I would like a standard stero and rear parclr shelf also. Even concidering selling DC's for better road manners. All those things put the value up in my eyes. Red and vss how standard do you make them? Ride height etc?

red reading

Totally standard, we do have stocks of parts like ohlins suspension gab,hks turbos etc to sell, but if we can make a car totally original we will unless the person buying it wants a few tweaks done.

Born Again

Few years time you'll be looking back thinking bargain, there is a delta integrate up for £85k at the moment.
I'm not so sure about that. Integrale prices are daft because the demand is just as daft as the prices and part of the reason the demand is so high is down to the cars motorsport career. I may be wrong but I don't see GTiR prices climbing by anything worth noting.
Incidentally, it's also worth noting that even at £85k, according to the advert the car has depreciated (not appreciated) by £15k.....and 8 months later it still hasn't sold.

Last edited:

lakeview

Again worth mentioning is the gtir was always worth more than its rivals,you could pick up a sapphire cosworth in the late 1990's for £800 were as a gtir was more like £14,000.prices only started dropping with the influx of grey imports.
Also think some owners are also to blame they buy a £1500 shitter expect it to be reliable when it's not they moan about it on almost every forum

Rob

red reading

Again worth mentioning is the gtir was always worth more than its rivals,you could pick up a sapphire cosworth in the late 1990's for £800 were as a gtir was more like £14,000.prices only started dropping with the influx of grey imports.
Also think some owners are also to blame they buy a £1500 shitter expect it to be reliable when it's not they moan about it on almost every forum

Rob
Totally agree.

red reading

I'm not so sure about that. Integrale prices are daft because the demand is just as daft as the prices and part of the reason the demand is so high is down to the cars motorsport career. I may be wrong but I don't see GTiR prices climbing by anything worth noting.
Incidentally, it's also worth noting that even at £85k, according to the advert the car has depreciated (not appreciated) by £15k.....and 8 months later it still hasn't sold.

We will see, you say this but in the past 3 years import cars have been selling at double what they were, and uk and euro cars are fetching even more....

Born Again

We will see, you say this but in the past 3 years import cars have been selling at double what they were, and uk and euro cars are fetching even more....
I think the fact that because the GTiR is still a relatively unknown car to all but the avid petrolhead, the prices will still only fluctuate slightly. Supply and demand dictate the price and there's not much demand when compared to other (and IMHO less remarkable) cars. IIRC pulsarboby said a while back that these cars are worth more and sell faster in parts than as complete cars. That's not a sign of an in demand and appreciating vehicle.

Last edited: