tein ha or D2

Big Sve

well its bought and paid for.

Tein adjustables with pillow mount something or others (does it show i know what im doing :? )
4 wheel alignment
labour all for............£980 inc vat

be farting like elton john for i have been raped i feel! :yuck: or is that good i dont know!

abyss

Any coilovers is as good over standard in my opinion, But its down to my driving style and i do prefer rock hard in all conditions. Cant wait to get them on with my ssr wheels should shift round corners, as many say its down to your driving style and as much i like teins it was the mild steel thats put me off. If there are 2 hard then al buy softer springs but i can't see myself doing that, as my variant 2s where rock hard and they handled on b roads brilliant.

A

andrew

Big Sve said:
well its bought and paid for.

Tein adjustables with pillow mount something or others (does it show i know what im doing :? )
4 wheel alignment
labour all for............£980 inc vat

be farting like elton john for i have been raped i feel! :yuck: or is that good i dont know!
Did they pull your pants down....

matp5

Anyone have the part number or series for a full kit (still available) from Tein?

Oh and a good place to buy them online?

Thx!

bracpan

Its nothing to do with driving style if a car is to hard it will never handle propaly as it will bounce all over the road and have no grip specially on our crap roads and in the wet you will have Novas leaving you for dead.... Read Staniforths book on suspension will explain ( in great detail i am affraid) how suspension works. If the car is only used on the road coilovers are not the best, plus you cant just alter the springs unless you know the range the shocks will work at, otherwise the shocks will to to strong or to week for the springs.
There is much more to making a car handle than just lobbing on the hardest set of coilovers you can find and hoping they will work....because they wont.
I took me a while to get the Pulsar to handle anywere near as good as I wanted and I have over 20 years racing experince to draw on...so I do know a bit of what I am talking about.
Best of luck
Phil

Big Sve

wel got em on the car now and its like new, not too hard and can feel every inch of road underneath! very happy with the old teins! I would have thought coilovers woulda been hard as ride but its very very good! :thumbsup:

abyss

bracpan said:
Its nothing to do with driving style if a car is to hard it will never handle propaly as it will bounce all over the road and have no grip specially on our crap roads and in the wet you will have Novas leaving you for dead.... Read Staniforths book on suspension will explain ( in great detail i am affraid) how suspension works. If the car is only used on the road coilovers are not the best, plus you cant just alter the springs unless you know the range the shocks will work at, otherwise the shocks will to to strong or to week for the springs.
There is much more to making a car handle than just lobbing on the hardest set of coilovers you can find and hoping they will work....because they wont.
I took me a while to get the Pulsar to handle anywere near as good as I wanted and I have over 20 years racing experince to draw on...so I do know a bit of what I am talking about.
Best of luck
Phil
See where your coming from but im only wanting to do the occasional track day i mostly just do 1/4 so not really important all i know is my gabs are ****ed lol but cheers for the information phil appreciated.

bracpan

For a nice smooth track they should be fine, if you feel you want to go to a softer spring just ask the company who make them what range the shock will work in, they should be able to tell you that. for example it could be from 150lb to 230lb springs. ( this is only a guess). You can then try a different rate but at least you know the shock will be able to deal with it. I did the same with my Teins and have altered my rates from the standard setup.
If you can adjust the shocks you can slacken them off a bit for the road as this helps make the ride better. Dont forget not to go to low as all the geometry of the car goes all out of sink.
And above all, have fun and enjoy it.
Best of luck
Phil