tein ha or D2

J

justin666

And just to throw a spanner in the works I will say teins by a country mile ;-) Gotta have the pillowball mounts tho dude :thumbsup:

I run Teins and my personal opinion is...... they rock :thumbsup:

J.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
D2's 8)

I had been in a GTiR a while ago with Tein's (trackday) and they were softer than I expected so I personally opted for the D2's, a little harder but I feel they give more support on the track and i'm happy with them.

Last edited:
A

andrew

please don't say one or the other until you have had both.
I had tein on my old gti-r for a month was okay too harsh.
Then now on my gti i have d2 which are wicked when set up right.
So it really depends on what you want them for, price and brand.
To me either one which ever you can get your hands on quicker.
Tein is established
d2 is up and coming

everyone is saying tein or d2 without giving valid reasons

Big Sve

im in same boat here (boat a good word because my back shocks have just collapsed) and need to know what set to buy, been told tein coilover set is way to go but thats from someone running them on a gto. need an 'r' opinion. we got any idea on costs too because quotes im getting are varied. :?

really need help with this one like abyss! thanks

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Tein because D2 smell :lol: :lol:

That's a joke and not a vaild argument but without an application its difficult to say.

Oh alright then, IMO, D2's for smooth/dry tarmac, Teins for everything else.

TBH, my Tein are not fantatsic but the available options are limted until you get into proper money.

Incidentally, I thought Tein HA aren't available anymore, only super streets?

Last edited:

abyss

have read some stories about d2 being very harsh so have ordered them. But stories that teins have to go to japan to get refurbed.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
abyss said:
But stories that teins have to go to japan to get refurbed.

You can have your TEIN Coilovers serviced and re-furbed at TEIN UK in Milton Keynes. Costs around £60 per strut.

TEIN UK LIMITED
Unit 7 Avant Business Centre,
Denbigh West Industrial Estate,
Milton Keynes
MK1 1DL

Telephone: 0870 606 6543
Facsimile: 0870 600 1161

www.tein.co.uk

Rishi

abyss

that i didn't know, d2's are ordered now. Anyway anything is better than standard.

Do the tein's on ebay come with top mounts.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
abyss said:
Anyway anything is better than standard.
Some people might disagree, depends on your application. D2's are likely better for drifting too...... I guess that's where the name came from.

Good luck and keep eveyone informed on how you get on.

bracpan

abyss said:
that i didn't know, d2's are ordered now. Anyway anything is better than standard.

Do the tein's on ebay come with top mounts.
D2,s are to hard for anything but a perfectly flat (dry)track. ( and yes i have driven Pulsars with many different Shocks & Springs) Tein and a much better product all together. Plus they are easy to get referbished if needed. As many others said before you ordered them? For a normal road car the full Whiteline set up takes some beating for preformence and price.
To late now but good luck anyway.
Cheers
Phil