t34 turbo?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
turbodaily said:
hmm think the 3071 is worth saving for then. i hear they suffer from boost creep unless they are ported? any truth in that?
cheers
The only person ever to get "boost creep" from his 3071 I heard of was Stu, but he had the smaller .64 ar turbine housing. Mine has the .86 ar turbine housing and holds boost perfectly, doesn't spike at all and I have full boost of 1.8 bar before 3000 revs and holds it steady with no drop off untill the bl00dy thing's valve bouncing down the road

ashills

the smaller housing 3071 can surge with a 3" exhaust the .8* housing is normally fine worse case just get wastegate ported

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
scottyd said:
I have a T3/4 rollerbearing turbo on mine, but mine has a top mount exhaust manifold, so i cant really help you regarding standard manifold fitment. The car is running 348bhp at the wheels, and 400ft/lbs torque, the car drives fantastically, and the car does not suffer from lots of lag, spools up rather fast. I cant comment on what it is like compared to other turbo setups because i have never tried them, but i would reccommend you listen to what otheres have said, but i have no problems using my t3/4.

So its not a normal T-series then! Its a T3 Size Turbine side and T4 Size Compressor but using a Rollerbearing Core. So its not an old T-series turbo..

Rishi