Suspention

craige101

Hi

I was lookin at buying the BC coilover does any no if there any good ?

Also i was told thay were pilow ball jointed on the front and rubber top mounts rear, can u get rear pilow ball joint on the rear or are thay all rubber on rear ?

GTiR-Aholic

Yeah I was looking into these too because superstreets are like £800-900.. but not sure how they compare to superstreets.

craige101

I no someone on there scooby club used them at the Nurberg ring and he said thay was as good as any expensive coilover.
All i need to no is are all coilovers rubber top mounted on the rear cos i no the Bc coilovers are does anyone no what opion of rear top mount coilovers have ?

projectgtir

Ive just brought and fitted some from toxic rides off ebay got them £650 deliverd. i phoned bc racing which is apex and they couldnt give any sort of discount ,they fitted very well with all mounting points like arb, and brake line clip points in the right place .you cant get rear pillowball mounts though.

red reading

b.c or apex or whatever they are called are fine on my 5hit heap,more compliant than the tein super 5hits

GTiR-Aholic

ahh well that sounds promising. I would open a new thread for this but i seem it appropriate to ask here, do you "Projectgtir", "red reading" or anyone else.. feel they can provide an appropriately comfortable ride to use in london with all these speed bumps?.. i've had a stiff ride before and can't take it with at least 20 bumps on my road alone lol.

red reading

set the damping on min and don't pre-load the spring's to much and they will be fine,i live out in the stick's with very bumpy road's and find them much more forgiving than my old tein's,they are now like my old koni shock/whitline spring set up when on there softest settings

projectgtir

Ive only fitted them yesterday, and my car is needing a mot so havnt had chance to test them on the road yet. So cant really comment on that side of things as of yet .there are adjusters on every shock where you can set to hard or soft so im assuming you can .

davey red.r

Ive only fitted them yesterday, and my car is needing a mot so havnt had chance to test them on the road yet. So cant really comment on that side of things as of yet .there are adjusters on every shock where you can set to hard or soft so im assuming you can .
have you had it setup correctly since?
tracking castor toe etc?

davey

The BC racing ones on toxic rides ebay store say they have a spring rate of 12/front and 6/rear but when you go onto the apex website is says they are 6/front 4/rear. Does it say on the box what spring rate they are as i'm about to buy some new suspention.