Suspension

V

Viking

Hi , I've had my coilovers fitted today along with rear adjustable arb, camber bolts, antilift castor kit, lower strut brace and bumpsteer kit. Also had four wheel alignment. All fitted no problem! But when test drove there is a creaking sound coming from the front! Also steering wheel is straight going in a straight line but when you go around a left hand corner at speed and you staighten the car up the steering wheel is turned to the left when car is traveling straight, and turned right after going around a right hand bend. Please help. The garage suspect it to be the bumpsteer kit and so are going to put the standard track rod ends back on in the morning to see if that cures the problem. If anyone has had a similar problem or has any ideas as to what is the cause please let me know.

Cheers

Lee

D

Dee 1

Bump steer

Will let you know tomorrow mate as i`m haveing my Tein HA`s fitted and my Bump steer kit 8)

U

UFO(S)

any pictures of the kit on and how the car looks? 8)
Whats the ride like apart from the steering problem? Would like to know as might get a set of these....

V

Viking

I'll get some pictures when the problem is sorted. apart from that it looks really good but couldn't have the front as low as I would have liked because of poor ground clearance with the lower brace on!

U

UFO(S)

Just a guess but could be the top mounts being a bit stiff?? maybe a bit of wd40 on the pillowball could sort it?!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've got abit of a creak (front left at slow speed) since I fitted the Whiteline antilift kit. I've been too lazy to have a look to see if I can find the cause tho. :oops:

D

Dee 1

bump

Hi mate, had my bump steer kit fitted today along with my coilovers and its as sweet as a nut....