Suspension dilemma, also advice on engine mods

J

jiw

rite i need a full suspension setup, my boots are all split on the dampers, shockers leaking and springs have been on since japan by the look of them, i dont wanna go wild on suspension but i want a good setup, thought id best ask you lot as i know how easy it is to be robbed, help appreciated, jeff.

im running on 17" rims and apparently 300bhp, is this possible with 1.2bar of boost

apexi avcr

hks filter

hks afr

full stainless and de-cat

not sure about fuel pump but will be changed for walboro 255 ltr if standard
also fitting a hks pressure plate with ap organic friction plate.

also what would be reccomended as my next mods?

hopefully should be in for a remap and checkup at dp soon as i dont know who has set the car up previous!!!!

help appreciated, jeff.

J

JamesB

Look up whiteline for your suspension solutions - camber, castor, roll bars, strut braces are a must and then from your budget work out whether you can afford coilovers or uprated springs and shocks.

As for performance = frontmount if your at 1.2 bar, ecu mapping or power fc etc with 300zx maf. All depends on the depth of your pocket. If you still have dollars to spare, go bigger turbs, new exhaust manifold and bigger injectors.

J

jiw

Hi, thank's mate but i am more after a suspension kit before uprating anything else, i have had koni's on all previous cars and had no problems, i fancy a set of tein's but the price scares me a little, other than that i think im stuck as i have not found any other kits,jeff.

J

jasegould

Speak to SRB or GTIRspares for Koni shocks....Whiteline use koni in their kits. Koni dont list shocks for the r, they are off of a different model but fit apparently.

M

memski

1.2bar will be possible with a tmic as long as the engine and fuelling is good (controlled via the safc). Dp should be able to map it using the stock injectors/afm as long as your fuel pump can cope with the demand...

Ps Teins are the daddy

J

jiw

dont i know it mate, like they say price reflects quality, just ive only drove the car 50miles as i bought it with a transmission problem, hopefully ill be picking my gearbox bk up from the builders tomorrow, just dont wanna spend up to later find their are other parts needed.
i.e more needed than coilover's, jeff.

J

jiw

does any1 know the part numbers for the koni shocker's??

i can trace these bk through my mates catalogue at his shop and order them at trade price, thus leaving me more money to pend elsewhere, jeff

J

JamesB

just go to the whiteline website/bible and use their shock serial no's

ps dont underestimate what their bush kits do - for eg just fitting a front strutbrace to mine made a big difference (already had coilovers). I'll be putting their "handling kits" on my r as the next mod (over and above any performance parts!)