Summer plans with your gtir?

warpspeed

Seems to be more cars nearly ready and also more cars on the road this year compared to the last few so thought I'd start a thread to see what folk have planned for this year, track days, road trips, shows etc..

Be worth also posting up interesting events to see if others want to go to them?

At a guess I'd say there a dozen cars on the road in Scotland and we're usually happy to travel to get to events if they're worth going to.

I travelled to Shelsley Walsh last year with vssirvine for Retro Rides and are hopefully going back again this year and possibly taking part in the 'run what ya brung' for a laugh.

I'd like to go back out to the Nurburgring but that may have to wait due to being pretty busy at work as I'd like to go for 2 weeks or more and do Spa as well to make it better value financially.

lakeview

im going to change my exhaust to a 3" system.take the restricter off and fit some guages
probably fix another one ive got for a more convenient car to drive or get rid of that and buy another one

johnny gtir

My plans might of just totally changed from as many shows as possible to a full strip down of my wide arch car and full restore. Got my other R's but won't get far as all my time will be taken with Work and this

Jon Olds

My rally R needs its legs stretching, so looking for some competition mischief for it. Sprint would do...........Hillclimb..........even a trackday......
Jon

Jon Olds

Probably September time. Me and my co driver booked holiday for the Friday before in 2015 to ensure we could get there and they went and cancelled the event!
Jon

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Hopefully Silverstone and IoM but will need to get a move on as Summer will come around quickly with so many other commitments

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well...

It all depends, if I crack open my engine and it's a head gasket blown then it'll be back on the road within a few months.

However if it's a lot worse, then it'll be an engine rebuild again and I'll have the head worked, cams dialled in (finally), new shims, have all the software updates to the Nistune installed (as its still back in the dark ages), map it and hey presto it'll be back on track/going to shows. (Silverstone Classic, Gold Cup, IOM)

Also I'll then be saving up for a full body resto and getting those annoying bits of rust and paint damage finally sorted!

MarkTurbo

I'm aiming just to get mine taxed & mot'd at the moment.

Need to spend less time working on other peoples cars first though!

alex1874

I know this joke is probably getting fairly old now but my plan for the summer is get a Pulsar in the first place... After that, probably try visit a lot of the Scottish meets/cruises as much as I can fit around working and go to the bigger UK ones if I can, think a friend was wanting to do a small stand at JAE so if I have a car for that, brilliant.

luke s

My engine was started last night after its rebuild so get the run in part done then get mot done next sat and enjoy it over the summer going to a few shows too

Hopefully get it up to about 350 bhp and mapped by Ed. Then pray everytime I get in that I don't blow the gearbox (well, if I do then I'll have an excuse to Quaife it ;) )

Richard_Sideways

Wash it? Get my arse handed to me by MX5s at a few Autosolos. Trundle down to Fusion, see where we are, what could be and maybe some fatter injectors to get it safe into the 300 territory.

warpspeed

What big events are you all hoping to attend? Be worth trying to organise something?

Be good if there was a list of the events we hoped to go to and if others were interested we could post up travel arrangements to see if they fit in with anybody else, get some convoys on the go if poss!!!! :sunglasses: