Stupid Question of the Day

AnthP

apologies in advance for this one.....

I have some standard suspension springs which I'm putting back on to a car which has lowered springs - two are short, two are longer - which are the fronts and which are the rears ? ( I think the longer ones are the rears - is this correct ?)

thanks

Murff93GTiR

The lowering srpings will still be short and long mate just compare them and youll get your answer the only dofference between std springs and lowering ones are the lowering springs are stiffer and a couple coils less.

ollydj

for some reason i seem to remember the longer ones being for the front to compensate the extra weight ;-). I had the same querry last sumer when i got rid of my coilovers for a standard set up

skiddusmarkus

I think a shorter spring would compress less than a longer one with the same spring rate, so would have thought the longer ones on the back.I remember this being discussed in the past though so a search should bring it up.

AnthP

cheers boys, I know it sounds daft but when you're taking one off at a time and the springs that are on are shorter, it's actually not that obvious and I'm comforted that I'm not the only one who has had this puzzler................thanks.:thumbsup: