stuck searched and looked at pretty much everything i can think off

Hi

The car smells of petrol every now and then and its starting to get worse/ do it more frequent even on tickover for 3/4 mins somtimes:shock:

Also the car once warm ticks over like this with a kind off stuter so (B) for normal tickover and (S) for stutter

BBBBBBSBBBBBBSBBBBBBSBBBBBBS

and most of the time hesitates just before boost then is okish but does feel lumpy

I have reground the afm as needed doing cleened plugs and gapped to 0.7 cleaned the distrubuter cap re adjusted tps to what it says on here and cleened afm with a spray

any suggestions please

thanks

sam

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Check for vacuum leaks?
Check the base timing (and re-adjust if necessary)?
Check the lambda sensor (is it giving sensible numbers)?
Check the IAC valve is operating correctly and isn't stuck open (or closed)?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Probably emitting fumes all the time but you can only smell it whilst your stationary, so what George says ^^^ and check your fuel lines between bulkhead and fpr/fuel rail

thanks how can i check lamda or do i have to take it to garage onto pollution machine?

iac valve where is that?

base timing i will see if a mate has a timming gun tomos vacume leeks seen a thread about testing that some where i will have a look

as for plugs leads and coil the they were all new when buying car and i have changed the plugs since then as well

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the fuel lines that run down the side of the tank aren't leaking.

Another thing worth checking is the plastic fuel tank lid, mine started leaking fumes through one of the electrical connections.

will check fuel lines now :) and i have just noticed somthing interesting looking at the vacume diagram from the wastegate valve solonaide it has a pipe that goes to the air duck after the afm but mine is just hanging around not connected and i also dont have the bit on my pipe from afm to turbo to connect it to it apears to have been cut and joined?? hope you understand (basicly i cant connect pipe from solonoide to the pipe going from afm to turbo as i dont have the nipple)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That bleed port doesn't need to connect to anything. - It's just that by default it bleeds the air back in front of the turbo instead of to atmosphere.

I don't have a picture to show you what I mean because I don't have the solenoid on mine. - The nipple hasn't been removed, but it is capped.

danr

lumpy idle could have blown throttle body cap off (4).
maybe hole in exhaust leaking smell into cabin.

hi will check for exhaust leaks tomos if i get time havent looked at the timing today didnt have time and canister has gone wasnt there when bought the car :/ so is there a way around it or do i need a canister put back on?