Strange knock whilst boosting or reving high :s

zee20

when i took the refill bolt off it was completly dry inside. Put in 2.5 litres till it couldnt take anymore. I think if it was the crank then it wouldnt make a sound from the passenger side drive shaft. oh well might sell the car as iv had enough, problems, problems, problems.:cry:

Bart GTI-R

dont let it beat you mate, drop the engine take the box off get a second hand (known) good one bang it on, engine in, See how it goes. You can do that all yourself save you ££££££s

1- -2 days max its only nuts and bolts, and gear oil

DannyGTI-R

I you have driven without oil in your gearbox then fingers crossed that will be your cure, new box..... Good luck mate..!

Tim

How did you find yourself in the situation of driving your car without any oil in the 'box?

zee20

Used to start up from cold and used to rattle like hell. Then took the refill plug out and it was dry inside. Took in around 3 ltrs to refill

zee20

sorted peeps, will get a pic up of what was causing this. The shaft that links the gearbox with the transfer box was broken and the clutch was on its way out so changed gearbox, transfer box and clutch. All that put a dent in my back pocket :(