Strange knock whilst boosting or reving high :s

zee20

Right peeps 2 things happen whilst this happens, the abs light comes on and the battery light flickers, first time it has ever happened and no idea what on earth it is that's causing this

Can anyone help?:(

GTiR-Aholic

engine detting (knock)... ?

In regards to flickering and stuff
Check your earth points to make sure the connections are good.

zee20

Doesn't seem like an engine problem, as it's not a continuess knock. Had the starter motor reconned recently could it be that?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Loose electrical connection? - Maybe the alternator is on the way out?
Is it a standard ECU? I know the PFC used the dash warning lights to tell you certain things, so I'm wondering if it's something like that.

Dangerous Dave

I had something like this happen to me just check the belt could be that? just give it a few more turns to tighten it up if not a have a starter moter you can try?? Oh and i would give the pulleys a look over i will pm you my number,

Last edited:

Trip

although not related to the Pulsar, I had similar problems on a Toyota MR-S, The ABS and battery light used to come on whilst driving, Starting wasn't a problem either until a couple of days later it decided to play dead and wouldn't start.. It was coming from the battery. Changed battery and it was solved.

zee20

Iv already got a new battery in the car already but another thing is that the starter motor is red hot once driven and then parked up

zee20

the car starts fine but as soon as you let the clutch up quickly in first it makes a knocking noise and its doing my head in now.:x

Tim

Take the starter motor off and get some one to bump start you .. if the sound is still there you know it's not the starter motor!

Atleast, that's what i'd start with!

zee20

right its not the starter motor thats causing this. can anyone tell me if you get a clonking noise if you drive an 'r' with low or nearly no gearbox oil?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, I think that would do it. The gearbox, she no like it when you no have the oil.

zee20

Thanks mate does it make a knocking crunching sound if you do a launch in first or boost in second?

zee20

Just put more oil into gearbox and it's still the same if you try doing launch control it makes a crunching knocking noise from passenger side anyone had that problem?

zee20

Iv replaced one of the drive shafts it makes the noise if u release the clutch quickly in first or second and give it some revs apart from that the noise don't come when going fast or slow only. :( been 3 weeks and can't even drive it that much