Stick with 15's or fit some 17's??

Trondelond

Personally I think 17s are too big, they even look too big in my opinion. Plus the added weight, and soforth.

lol, its funny because as soon as i posted this last night, i went for a drive and whilst getting some petrol a guy in another pulsar drove in next to me (smo)..... with black 17's. He said they were too big and wanted smaller aswell. I might get the same as the ones i want but 15's?

geoff pine

It might be better to upgrade your front brakes first as there just not up to the job This may then have some barring on your wheel choice also what suspension set up do you have as i don't think Nissan designed the gtir to run on 17"wheels.

GTiR_Mic

To be honest if I was you I would go with 15" or 16" tyres on the car, think the 17" are just a bit to big.

I think the rally cars used to run 16" alloys when they done the tarmac stages.

i always thought my suspension was standard, but the front end sits really low and the back end is higher up, im sure the previous owner put lowering springs on the front or something. I might get some new 15's then and get some good coilovers and lower it a bit so the wheels fill the arches better.

RU55 GTR

I run 16's to accommodate my brakes, they are fine on track and weight isn't too much of an issue.
May I ask what brakes you are running and what size discs? I'm yet to upgraded my front brakes, so intrigued as to what I can actually fit under 16's.

Cheers! :-D

rayman75

i went from 17's to 15's and it transformed the handling of the car.

17's for looks, 15's-16's for performance.

steveyboy

i run17s on mine and there terrible for bad roads, yeah they look nice [well i think so] but the profile of the tyre means you feel every bump. roads are really bad in spain, im thinking of changing to 16s to get a bit more of the comfort factor!8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
16s (comp MOs at least) will take up to 330mm discs. My 16x7" Volk TE37s have 315x28s under them. It's all down to the wheel design.

Hello again everyone
sorry to bring this thread alive again but has anyone got any pics of black pulsars with black 15's on? just so i can see how good it looks?
Cheers :)

dannogti-r

South Wales Rep
why dont you go for 16s? you can get decent size brakes under them an they dont put the handling out to much