Starter Motor

Big Sve

Mines totally packed up, been sounding really lazy for a while and then seemed to spring back to life. . . now totally gone, doesnt even click when turning key. Been advised that it rare to come across starter motors for the 92-93 imports? is this true? Been quoted 140quid for new one but will have to wait along time for availablility, anyone know where i can get one? Plus, also been told these are a nightmare to fit on the R, again is this accurate bearing in mind im about as at home with a tool in my hand (no pun intended) as a fish on a bicycle!

gtirtrack

i dunno if they r any different from the others, but i have a starter off a 91 j pulsar u can have for 50 delivered

davey red.r

Big Sve said:
Mines totally packed up, been sounding really lazy for a while and then seemed to spring back to life. . . now totally gone, doesnt even click when turning key. Been advised that it rare to come across starter motors for the 92-93 imports? is this true? Been quoted 140quid for new one but will have to wait along time for availablility, anyone know where i can get one? Plus, also been told these are a nightmare to fit on the R, again is this accurate bearing in mind im about as at home with a tool in my hand (no pun intended) as a fish on a bicycle!
who advised you on that,some garage trying the highway robber line:evil:
pm pulsarboby he knocks them out for £35.

davey

Last edited:

Mr GTiR

Sve, shame on you! I've told you i've got one but if you choose not to ring ya uncle Channy then so be it......

Big Sve

Mr GTiR said:
Sve, shame on you! I've told you i've got one but if you choose not to ring ya uncle Channy then so be it......
You know i got nothing but love for ya Mr c! I posted this last night when i thought it would be bit too late to give you a text. I text Lee but as of yet he hasnt replied