Standard or ARP bolts?.

Gtirchris

Hey all, i'm in need of some advice, when i rebuild my engine should I go for standard or ARP big end bolts and main bearing bolts. The engine will initially be around 320 bhp hopefully with a nistune ecu, but I would like to factor in the chance of increasing the hp later on, any thoughts or suggestions please, thanks ;-).

vpulsar

ARP rod bolts for sure but but you'd probably need to line bore the block if you wanted to fit the big end bolts. I fitted them to mine and the block had to be line bored to suit.

Rob

firemandan

I used ARP head bolts and had the head lift!! now using std head bolts. As I've been informed that they are more than good enough for what I need.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Mine were all standard on 450hp and no problems. New OEM head bolts and ARP rod bolts for piece of mind.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ARP rod bolts for sure but but you'd probably need to line bore the block if you wanted to fit the big end bolts. I fitted them to mine and the block had to be line bored to suit.
Rob
Rod bolts are the big end bolts. Do you mean main (bearing) bolts for line boring?

red reading

Arp rod bolts are a must, arp mains are a good idea at higher torque levels, arp head bolts need throwing in the nearest skip.

vss irvine

there was a set on ebay but i cant find them now,

dont pay more than 50-60 for them as they do come up. failing that try matt-lewis motorsport, or parts box.

vss irvine

nah i havent heard of anyone that has but i wouldnt have a problem using them. blueprint stuff tends to be oem spec.

8 sets sold just by them?