standard boost on standard gauge

zxczxc

on my standard gauge you have a -7 o +7

im sure my car is standard but the boost on full throttle goes right up to the +7... well very slightly before it..

is that right cause i thought there meant to be bout 9psi standard..

unless thats not in psi???

is the standard gauge in (bar) cause i read standard boost is 0.65 bar

so i guess that makes sense

i have a aftermarket boost controller but dont know how to fit it.. cant find a link with any pictures on here been searching hours

thanks

zxczxc

are you sure??

im talking about the gauge next to the oil temp and oil pressure

at max boost it sits just before +7

that cant be psi because standard psi is about 9 isnt it?

and that would be off the scale of the stock gauge

now im really confused lol

For comparison, standard boost on my one sits at 5.5 on the standard gauge, 550 mmhg (millimeters of mercury, one of many pressure scales). at 7 (700mmhg) it's virtually 1bar boost. If if isn't getting to the 7 mark then you are just under a bar.
At 1.5 bar it's off scale:thumbsup:

PaulB

nah, 700mmhg, is pretty much 0.7bar, which is 10psi = std boost.
mine rea just under the +7 and since putting a psi boost gauge on, it reads 10psi. so its pretty accurate.

J

justin666

UK spec R's read in PSI and imports in mmHg (which isnt bar) ;-) or so I have been lead to believe. :thumbsup:

J.

zxczxc

im still very very confused

im sure my pulsar is standard it drives like its standard and boosts as it should

i know what 1 bar feels like in these and its not running one bar for sure!

the gauge goes to the 7 definatly so i assumed as i it was factory fitted gauge the maximum would be the factory set boost 0.65 bar

does anyone actually know the answer to this as it worrying me my car might actually be running higher than stock boost but not performing....

dobby

mines the same. when my brother in law had his set to 1 bar the needle went about 3-4mm past the 700 mark. its been said before that the gauges arnt accurate or reliable so the only way to find out is to get a proper gauge and see what it reads.

chrism

Sorry mine is also in mm/Hg.

Its not too accurate either.The boost on my blitz DSBC reads slightly different to that of the standard meter.
Fit that new boostmeter so you can see more accurately what youre charging!

zxczxc

do you have a photo of where it is in the engine bay

i couldnt find it i have all the tools and bits i need i think just still cant work out where to put the pipe :(

a photo on the engine bay would be great if anyone knows a link to one

chrism

Dont have a decent pic at the moment but if you look into the engine bay where the intercooler pipe meets the rubber boot before the intake.Behind and under there,to the left of the 2 pipes that come from the AC and through into the cabin.Just inbetween them is the fuel press. reg. The little hose that goes to this is the one you want to cut.The fuel filter is right beside the regulator.

zxczxc

ah right i think i lknow where you mean but thats where the dumpvalve is set up... well near there anyway

i'll have a good look tomorrow if the weather is better its rained evry day since ive had the car and just not had chance to do anything yet

Sam_M

dobby said:
mines the same. when my brother in law had his set to 1 bar the needle went about 3-4mm past the 700 mark. its been said before that the gauges arnt accurate or reliable so the only way to find out is to get a proper gauge and see what it reads.

I would have to agree that was about a bar aswell ;-), and definately the way to go is to invest in a proper boost gauge. It seems they can be very unrealiable those boost gauges as I met someone whos went right off the standard gauge but it was running totaly standard boost.