Standalone ecu

warpspeed

I'm looking for a new or second-hand ecu, needs to use a map sensor and preferably run closed-loop fuel control with preferably wide-band input although i can simulate a 5v input from the wide-band controller i have just now so this isn't a must have. It also must have 2 injector driver as a minimum as i may run 8 injectors later using an injector driver i have. Don't mind if it runs low or high impedance injectors although high would be preferable. Also doesn't need to have a loom as i can make a new one anyway.
Launch control and anti-lag would be nice but now i'm being fussy! :lol:

I'm not looking to spend a fortune but if someone has the right ecu i'll go for it, might just need to save my pennies for a few weeks!

williams

I would say dta aswell, if he only wants 2 injector drivers then the s40 would do, the s60 has 4 inj drivers iirc. If your running 8 injectors though you would be better off with 4 inj drivers imo.

Fusion Ed

Really? Stock ECU has 4 injector drivers (sequential) as standard... It would be daft to drop to two.

Personally it depends on where your going to take it as to what ecu you should get, since it will only be as good as the person who sets it up.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No one has mentioned knock control yet.
That's in the specs for the Svytec isn't it?

I think you want to spend the money and get the bells and whistles; even if you don't use all of them it still gives you the freedom to do what you like with the ones you do use. - Particularly if you have some specific requirements in mind (like continuous closed-loop operation).

williams

2 injector drivers for 8 injectors isnt really teh best option imo. theres quite a few aftermarket ecu's that only have 2 injector and ignition drivers.

warpspeed

4 injector drivers would be nice but 2 is the minimum i would accept and Danny i'm running a knock sensor but chances of getting knock running on liquid lpg are very very slim, i converted a mates renault 5gt tubo to sequential vapour injection lpg, 9.5:1cr and GT2560, it's running around 240hp now, not a hint of det.