spotted!!!! new nissan GTR....wiv no numplates at all full stelth mode lol

skiddusmarkus

Probably not worth trying if you have less than 400bhp.Even then expect to get left behind.I saw one at York pulling 3.3 sec 0-60s.Apparently decat and minor tuning sees 11 sec 1/4s.

billy187

I was quicker than a mates one regularly up to around 120mph in my old Gtir which was running 400bhp, there's a video on YouTube somewhere.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's not really a fair comparison. - The GTR is just that; a GT cruiser. It may take a little longer to get to speed (maybe not), but it will keep on going smoothly way past a GTi-R.
The GTi-R is a rally car; it's all about acceleration and handling, but not top speed or comfortable cruising.
Look at TOTB as an example; the GTi-R always gets off the line faster, but a Skyline will always reel it in and likely win by the end of the strip (certainly on top speed).

It's a bit like saying which is better an apple or a potato? You can eat the apple as it is, but you can make chips with a potato.

red reading

raced one myself and i was beating it up to 120, do not know after that as we were caught in traffic (and that was in germany) i think with my new spec i would beat one without to much trouble.

chopper

They we're running high 10's at sanda pod this year at the jap show. IMO you are asking alot from a 18year old car to be keeping up with a new GTR its Nissan's Flag ship car. Its Ment to be the best!!
I also thing the R34 V-Spec is nicer looking tho. bit more old school!!

skiddusmarkus

Its got to be the best value for money mass produced performance car in the world.It does everythig you want it to and more.A high powered GTiR might keep up to just over 100mph but I'm sure most of us would swap in a heartbeat.

red reading

skyline r35

Power at Flywheel (BHP) :
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1740
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 276.20
0 - 60 (Secs) : 4.15
0 - 100 (Secs) : 9.68
60 - 100 (Secs) : 5.52
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.68
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 114.47
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.28
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 118.16

red reading

my gtir

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 420
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1080
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 395.13
0 - 60 (Secs) : 3.02
0 - 100 (Secs) : 7.79
60 - 100 (Secs) : 4.77
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 11.60
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 122.01
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 11.20
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 126.33

red reading

My next spec (if it doesnt blow up)

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 500
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1100
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 461.84
0 - 60 (Secs) : 2.82
0 - 100 (Secs) : 7.01
60 - 100 (Secs) : 4.19
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 11.32
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 127.04
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 10.92
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 131.55

red reading

And i would have a r35 if given to me for a everyday car but i doubt i would exchange my car for one as i don't like cars with all the electronics on them (abs,esp,traction,hicas,anti yaw control),

As said i have had a race with one and upto 120 ish i was actually gaining on him.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
To make it a fair comparison, you should be looking at a GTR that has had the same amount to time and effort poured into it... but like I said; apples and potatoes! A raw rally car in the GTi-R, and a high-tech GT cruiser in the GTR.

red reading

george you could'nt even buy a gtr with what i have spent. And to match a 400bhp pulsar on a quater mile would need 660bhp.

Power will always win on top speed, but i apply to colin chapman's theory.