spot lights

dobby

I am sure you are aware of just how shite the lights are on our cars. Even with HID's in I find the high beam a waste of time. Anyway I had a set of 50w HID ballasts spare so I ordered H3 bulbs and bought some driving lights from halfords. Omg the difference is comical. Even tonight in drizzle the light output is amazing. I will get some pics up when the weather improves.

Thought I'd share that with you lot.

dobby

I mounted them in the brake ducts. I have now blown the alternator which put me in shit when i stalled the car last night in rush hour. I cant really see why the lights would have done it. Must be coincidence. On a plus side I got a bung for my front exit so now the cars all quiet. My ears bleed from that bloody thing.

pulsarmoley

Ive fitted 2x55w driving lights on the bottom of the bumper which is ideal for spotting puddles, potholes etc and two 6inch 55w spotlights on the top of the bumper :thumbsup: REALLY makes a difference and havent had any alternator/battery issues. Another plus is the cnuts coming the other way that dont dip their lights get a taste of their own medicine..... just a bit more extreme :twisted:

dobby

Well as I work away from home only now I can update this. I will get some nighttime photos tonight.

The camera doesnt do it justice. It cuts the glare down alot haha. Will post more later..

skiddusmarkus

Hoping these type of lights get made illegal.Practicly blind you when you are coming the other way and then the muppets flash you as mentioned above and burn out your retinas.Really not needed, just drive abit slower at night.

dobby

I only intend to use these on unlit roads with nobody else about. They ain't fog lights to leave on all the time like everyone else does.

** mine are linked to high beam and I don't drive around with them on all the time.

Last edited:

pulsarmoley

I only intend to use these on unlit roads with nobody else about. They ain't fog lights to leave on all the time like everyone else does.

** mine are linked to high beam and I don't drive around with them on all the time.
Same here, mine come on when im down country lanes where there are no streetlights, would never have them on any other time cos i know how bright they are.

dobby

So as best as I could capture it I got some pictures.
This is my HID dipped beam as I see it. Its only just enough so normal bulbs are even worse.

Now the extra light. The highbeam is also HID but you would never know as with it on you see nothing. The light you see is 90% spotlight.

dobby

So as best as I could capture it I got some pictures.
This is my HID dipped beam as I see it. Its only just enough so normal bulbs are even worse.

Now the extra light. The highbeam is also HID but you would never know as with it on you see nothing. The light you see is 90% spotlight.