speedo slow

GTIR-LOZ

hi all small prob with my speedo, was rubbing on the white dials so i took the needle off and fixed them down so great no rubbing, but obviously speedo needle is out of align now, so i managed to get it reading correctly, using my avcr, but the needle seems to be delayed in response, seems to go up okish but doesnt not slow down as quickly as it should can be reading 10 mph when i stop then it catches up, it seems to be as it is sluggish its def not rubbing now though but does not seem to be as sensitive any ideas??

D

damien4uuk

I too had the same prob, Try removing the needle again and pushing it in again worked for me. :wink:

N

n7dge

I don't know but is it possible that you lot are having this problem because at some time your pointer has been removed then refitted in the WRONG POSITION ? :roll:
Don't forget, if it wasn't for the pointer rest at 'zero', the pointer would go a way below zero, when the car is at rest. :idea:

Try to gauge how far out your speedo is, by driving behind your mate at say 25 MPH, then re-set your pointer back by that amount.
If youv'e already tried to correct this previously though by tweaking your electronic gizmos, you,ll have to put this back how you found it first :!:
Good luck.