Spark Plugs

A

Anonymous

Heyas

I currently have NGK PFR6B spark plugs gapped at .65mm

My car runs standard boost with a cat back exhaust, HKS airpod & SAFC2.

Should I bother with iridium plugs? If so, which ones should I get?
this site: http://www.ngkspark.com.au/iridium/iridium.php?Standard=PFR6B seems to convert standard plugs to iridium.. should I get these plugs? Is it worth it?

Also, does anyone see any problems with having the plug gap at .65mm, from what I understand this shouldn't cause any problems??

Hkondakci

Hi dude

I got good experience withe the HKS Iridium plugs. in your case I would say HKS S40i plugs (cold rate 8 ) would suit you best. We even tried these on cosworths here in worked out very well. They run smooth at idle and can ignite very wel at high RPM and great load. When you run the car lot of the time at circuits etc then HKS Super Fire Racing Pro plugs (Pro 40i) would suit you best. Cold rate depends on engine tuning.
With these plugs gap adjustment isn't often needed. Just stick with the HKS gap width.
Hope this helps.

rgds
habib

GINGA

IIRC :?: those are the wrong plugs for our cars and should be the PFR7B and they should be gapped at 0.9mm
The PFR6B are for the 200sx I believe :?:
You might want to open the gap abit, although it won't do any harm as it is, you should find that the engine runs smoother and starts better with a slightly larger gap you only really need to have a smaller gap in high boost setups where its possible that the boost can actually blow out the spark :eek:

J

J-GTi-R

Yes they are 200SX plugs, which unforutnately you will get sold of you go to Nissan (unless they're very clued up on GTi-Rs). As Ginga says, PFR7Bs are the correct plug for standard boost.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
greg,

if you did some searchin you would have found these details readily available :) (both here and in the oz yahoo group)

and if you checked the oz clubs local part numbers database (go yahoo!) you would find the correct number for all the types of plugs :D
(you also might have noticed you had the wrong one in the first place :oops: )

with standard boost you will feel no benefit from the increased cost of iridiums - even the factory platinums are overpriced overkill...
many economically-minded members (myself inc) report no problems running standard $3 copper plugs (ngk) with boost up to 1bar... just make sure you change them every six months :p

on the bright side - your car wil now run much better than before 8)

A

Anonymous

hehe, thanks shalom.. it will take me some time to get used to the yahoo group ;)

I'll go try the 7Bs, I haven't changed my plugs since I bought the car (2 years, prox 40,000kms).. so these are what it came with. :oops:

J

J-GTi-R

You might want to go a heat range colder running that amount of boost.

B

BOYYYDY

Thanks mate, might try that, having a service tomorrow. Does that still apply with water injection?