spark plug prices

Dooie Pop Pop

Can anyone tell me where i can get denso ik24' s for less than the bl**dy £70 :!: demon tweeks have charged me? thought they were meant to be cheaper thean the hks' s seein as they supply hks or has there been a world shortage no one mentioned :cry:

Dooie Pop Pop

YEAH £70 that breaks down as. £52.48 for the plugs £7.75 delivery :shock: :x plus vat on the whole lot. i am not impressed. and my debit reciept is missing too.

youngsyp

Mr Tweeks must have worn his hands out from all that rubbing together by now :lol:

Try sparkplugs.com or .co.uk, I never remember which.

Got my Denso's from there for about £42 all in I think. :D A very prompt and good service

Mr GTiR

i've just got a set of IK22#4 5310#4 are thes the correct ones? I told the bloke who i got them off they should be IK24's but was told these are the ones for GTiR's.

Anyone confirm this please??

Mr GTiR

MORRISMINOR GTI-R said:
Mr GTiR said:
Viking said:
yep that's the ones i have, Carl are they the right ones? cos everyone keeps going on about IK24!?!?
i run ik24's mate and i running 1bar+ , i think ik22 are just an equivalent of the standard plugs :wink:
fuck! another fuck up up my part then, going to give up this car modifying business.......can't be fucked with it anymore :!:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

when is your engine coming back andy? i wouldnt worry about the plugs mate u might aswell use them for about 1500 miles then whap some IK27 in 8)

Dooie Pop Pop

ik22' s are the same heat range as the standard prf7b's, im running 1bar so i got the ik24' s which according to the searches iv done is the same plug as the hks s40i. which seem to be the most popular plug for a mild boost upgrade.
i did stick the pfr7b' s in gapped to .75 (see buyin + selling)because some plank put the hks s45i' s in mine (more £) and they gave me loads of fouling probs cos id had the car set up for .9bar, totally ott and not good for smooth running.
cheers, stu

Dooie Pop Pop

wanted to add that when i removed the ngk pfr7b' s after 200miles running 1bar the ceramic bit that holds the electrode was on its way to a nice unhealthy orange colour which i think shows overheating.car was not surprisingly running too well even though id gapped em down.
the ik24' s have been fine so far :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
sturat said:
wanted to add that when i removed the ngk pfr7b' s after 200miles running 1bar the ceramic bit that holds the electrode was on its way to a nice unhealthy orange colour which i think shows overheating
Overheating normally leads to white plugs (I think).
Do you run octane booster? I've heard rumours of octane booster and/or Optimax turning plugs red (orange is light red :wink: ) It might have been that ?

Dooie Pop Pop

i use optimax and now and again use a booster mate, i had used an injector cleaner but think id pretty much flushed that through. the electrode arm (?) that goes over the top was white now i think about it. soon as i work out how to post pics i' ll stick one up cos iv got a camera at last :wink: [/img]