someone to do an engine swap

Tk1

thought it would be worth an ask , im looking for someone to do an engine swap for me as number 3 piston has given up on my current engine, so if anyone is in the area (colchester essex) and wants to earn some cash then pm me please

Tk1

already spoken to him dave ,, he is a bit busy at the mo to take it on, and i got no way of getting it to him at the moment, thought about doing it myself but im just not sure.

Tk1

does £350 sound fair then as its only a days work ? i'l also give a hand , i would tackle it myself but i just aint got the balls lol engines virtually complete with all sensors alternator ect fitted just needs gearbox turbo oh and oil pump

P

pulsarboby

trev, how urgently do you need it done?
if you need it done urgently then i cant help, unless you can get car to my workshop!
if so i would'nt charge you nothing like that to do it, look at it as a favour;-)

but if not, thats a very fair price to offer someone i think!

stu.......how the hell can you do that in 6 hours, in and out, all up and running, gearbox and transferbox swapped with all ancilliaries connected and pipework routed correctly, working on the floor?
you must be a hell of a mechanic!
if you lived down here i would give you a job immediately, and im not bullsh1tt1ng you!

J

jpward

Just out of interest here how long is it supposed to take in the book?

rayman75

trev did pesh ring you today? about getting someone local to do it, as i passed over your number to him.

Tk1

yes mate cheers dave, think im all sorted out now, thanks for the offers from everyone else, the guy is in my home town so pretty handy

Tk1

looks like i might be on the hunt again for someone to fit this engine.
why oh why did i buy one with a popped engine

Tk1

well been let down again (not the guys fault) and am desperate to get this engine fitted, it was all sorted out i thought, he was even picking the car up to do it, never mind , but i have track action booked and need it done asap, willing to pay a fair price to fit it as i just want it done
help :)

Tk1

i would even consider doing the swap myself but i just havent got the time as im flat out at work,

P

pulsarboby

cant do next week but will pick car up on low loader and do at my workshop, can pick it up towards the end of next week.
or send two of the lads up to do it at yours!

as cilla would say 'the choice is yours':lol:

Tk1

cheers bob top man
just seen your post after sending pm's
either way suits me , would need to move car to another driveway as mines a bit narrow and not really suitable to work on , but can do this if i take prop off (again ) lol