Snap off steering wheel kit

paz

Anyone got any experience of these?

As I'm going to have to park my car on the road if I get it running again, I'd prefer to take the steering wheel off overnight.

I recognise that if a professional thieving bastard wants the car they'll take it regardless, but just wanted to put off the casual thieving bellends.

There's kits all over ebay, but I'm not keen on that idea - can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

KieranEG6

Looked into them a while back but never got round to buying one.

NRG were always considered the ones to have. They even come in different specs from a basic to one with extra paddles

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Put a Nistune in and map out the fuel before you lock up! ;)

Simply upload your "thieving bellends" map and its not going anywhere! (unless its lifted!)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I got one ages ago, can't remember where from. I got it to extend the wheel towards me as much as security. Was also handy to remove when mapping so I could put the laptop on my knee. None of this helps you though :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just get a disc lock. It'll take them longer to get off than it will to put a pair of mole grips on your steering column and drive off.

paz

Thanks all, good call on the lock will probably just do that cheers.

Haha thanks Jim, it was a nice story if nothing else! :)

johnny gtir

Others may not find it but look for a weld on one as a couple i have tried brought the steering wheel far to close. Stu 666 had a couple as i pm him but not sure when he said he was home