smokin problem help

white_pully

hi,
i know i have mentioned this problem before but its still smoking.

i have done 250 miles on my new rebuild,and it throws out blue smoke (smells of oil).
drive it local and it smokes, but drive it down the motorway and it dont smoke at all.

i had the engine compression tested yesterday and its fine, no oil in the spark plugs either,

took the air intake pipe off from the turbo no play in the turbo shaft.

had all the exhaust removed and chemically cleaned, put a new 5zigen back box on, but still got the same problem.

im not boosting the car yet as still bedding in the engine.......

please could someone help me as to why my car is smoking..im based in birmingham anyone know what it is or would like to have a look i will drive to you,

i know i sound desperate but i am ive spent 4years trying to get her right still no luck.

could it be my turbo?

thank you.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I suspect you'll find that it's still smoking on the motorway, but because the engine and the car are moving faster it dissipates and you don't notice it.

ollydj

hey mate i got exactley the same problem with mine, finished running it in last week. im guessing that the seal has gone in my turbo from it being stood around with no oil in it over the winter, there is no play in the shaft so thats what my suspision is. Im gona take it and put on a rolling road as well just to make sure its not a fueling issue.

Dangerous Dave

Why did you have a re-build?? was it because the old engine was fooked did a ring go? if so it could be oil that is left in your exhaust from the old engine and when it gets warm it smokes its bag off it will take some time to clear (i know a piston ring went on mine and it smoked for weeks with a new build in)

white_pully

Lol lawney, thats what i thought it was but its not my exhaust its something more serious...

I had a rebuild done because i detonated piston 1 & 3....

I think i got the same problem as ollydj it mite b my turbo, im just pissed off shes my pride & joy and i cant get it 2 run right.

projectgtir

Bit of a long shot but what about headgasket, could oil be tracking across into cylinder only and not going into water .

projectgtir

You wouldn't if it was only going onto the cylinder as it's water in the oil that creates the Mayo under the cap . Tbh this is like I said a long shot , are you the guy at jts , I think I did a fault code check for you if it is. If you in brum mate I'll have a poke around later if u like I'm in northfield.
would like to know myself .

white_pully

no i was not at jts and im in digbeth in birmingham during the day, northfield is only up the road my phone number is 07916849777 drop me a text and ill drive to you for you to have a poke around.

thank you