smoke after boosting?

B

Beachsleeper

white 'R' said:
white, u can see it on their website. standard, rota slipstreams, few marks around the front of the wings etc. ran a 13.9 with at shakespeare raceway! it would just cost to much for me to get at my new r's state of tune! but i think ive paid the price now:doh: ! never mind:roll:
I bought it. This saturday. Check your PM box. I need to talk to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

smarrow

I'm having the same problem with my gti-r the only time it smokes is when i accelerate then ease off, the car lets out white smoke from the exhaust & sometimes backfires. I recently had my chargecooler off to change the leads and plugs and noticed a bit of oil in the pipe from the turbo to the cooler. The turbo's only done bout 20k and it rarely gets chance to kick in because i'm driving into Manchester everyday & when i do get chance occasionally the cars always fully warmed up. It doesn't smoke any other time.

bakewell

has anyone else had this problem before its a real strange one it just started all of a sudden hoping its just the turbo thats going.does anyone no of a good garage that might be able to sort out the car i live at the bottom end of kent cheers

Last edited:

Big Sve

I'm in the same boat and need some help! It only smokes when the engine is hot if i go above about 0.5bar of boost and white smoke comes out after i let off the throttle. Its a pain in the **** because it started the day i was taking it up for pictures for auto trader :-S buying a house so i was biting the bullet to sell but going to wait until its fixed now (then ill change my mind again and keep it haha) :der: