slow windows

R

r5ben

my elecy windows are realy slow on my car they go down realy fast ( no jokes ) :wink: and start to come up ok then slow done they speed up after half way ?? sometimes the drivers one is realy slow :roll:
is there anythin i can do to sort this prob ? :D

A

AZ STE

If you take your door cards off there is a metal track which a plastic runner moves up and down on this is then attached to the window.Grease the metal track.What also happens is the rubber runners either side low down start to split and half jam the window on the way up if they have come apart best to cut the loose bits off. Also lubricate the bare cable behind the window motor on the spool with wd40 as you operate the window up and down :wink:

hmmm

had the exact same problem. Went to Halfords and got some silicon spray. Sprayed it on to the rubber seals where the window runs in then operated the windows. Doe this a few times and has been ok ever since.
(4 months and counting)

chrisniss91

I never open the passenger window dont think it would ever go up again, I'm gonna try the silicon spray and hope that helps. My window once stopped totally once the switch was ruined totally, when i tried to persuade it up it smashed :evil:

N

Norfy

mines doing that at the mo.
it drops down fine but comes up slow at a angle.
its cos the regulator needs adjustment, there are a couple of bolts behind the door card that have elonglated slots behind them holding the regulator arms on, these need adjusting then lube the runners up.
gotta do mine this weekend if i finish re-mounting the battery