skyline v pulsar - u decide!!

R

reeper32

just wonderd peoples opinion on this really...

as im selling my r32 gtst and maybe looking into a pulsar... just thought how would you look at it... as an upgrade or down???

i know its a personal think but an eg from a pulsar to a GTR i would call an upgrade...

P

powerfreack

having had a r32 gtr and a r33gts and a pulsar i would have a pulsar every time without a doubt

most 350bhp pulsars will kill a gtr with around 600bhp

cmng

Having a GTST R32 moded to RB26DETT RWD before i get my pulsar
Never Regret changing to pulsar

but hope to get a GTR32 as well but keeping the pulsar
but have to dream about it since GTR32 is rare at my country

Studlife

i've owned both R32 and i now have a GTIR, i like them both but for different reasons, R32 gets more looks people always expect you to race them, On the other hand the pulsar is a sleeper here in canada not many people know what they are, the pulsar is a monster, the R32 in my opinion is a looker

mattygti-r

powerfreack said:
having had a r32 gtr and a r33gts and a pulsar i would have a pulsar every time without a doubt

most 350bhp pulsars will kill a gtr with around 600bhp

that is totaly bollox

i have had a gti-r and a now have a r32,

the 32 is better built, more of a motorway cruiser etc, and more of an better car in terms of design etc.

however the pulsar is good around corners/twisty roads than the gtr sure.

horses for courses

Fire & skill

Vintage member
its a no brainer - like choosing between a mk5 cortina and an RS turbo

its a HUGE upgrade, if you get it in high tune (300 - 350) you will see off a 500bhp GTR.

mattygti-r

wait until you boys actually own a GT-R and you will change your opinion

i really dont miss the "tin can" build quality or wind noise at 80mph, or the constant comments of , "like the body kit its got" etc

Fire & skill

Vintage member
mattygti-r said:
wait until you boys actually own a GT-R and you will change your opinion

i really dont miss the "tin can" build quality or wind noise at 80mph, or the constant comments of , "like the body kit its got" etc

you are so easy wound up Matty! :lol: :lol:

saw your response above and thought i'd rub it in :thumbsup:

mattygti-r

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol...

ive decided to get a Golf or Saab 93 at the moment so who knows what i will compare it too shortly

gts-ts are just plain gay so it will be an upgrade to a sunny

D

DazBGTIR

mattygti-r said:
gts-ts are just plain gay so it will be an upgrade to a sunny
What a load of crap .. they are fantastic cars. Very tunable, great fun to drive, well built, etc.

People who look past them because of the GTR are blinkered.

No, I don't own a GTS-T (I own a GTR) - but I've driven a few GTS-T's and loved every minute of it.

I still have a big soft spot for the GTI-R but there are better cars out there folks. To say a GTI-R is an UPGRADE from a GTS-T is wrong ... they are 2 different to compare. It's more a side step than an upgrade or downgrade.

Daz

O

Odin

DazBGTIR said:
What a load of crap .. they are fantastic cars. Very tunable, great fun to drive, well built, etc.

People who look past them because of the GTR are blinkered.

No, I don't own a GTS-T (I own a GTR) - but I've driven a few GTS-T's and loved every minute of it.

I still have a big soft spot for the GTI-R but there are better cars out there folks. To say a GTI-R is an UPGRADE from a GTS-T is wrong ... they are 2 different to compare. It's more a side step than an upgrade or downgrade.

Daz

I agree ;-) , I loved my GTS-T it was a loverly stylish well built car 8) ;-) , Both myself and Vikki still miss it loads :oops: .

Rob

R

reeper32

yer i agree that the gtst is a great car.. especially for going sideways.. puts a grtin on my face every time...

but i just want to some fast acceleration now which the gtst lacks unless its had money a few pennys spent on it....

also how does a pulsar do top end???

GTIR-LOZ

when i was looking for r33 gtrs i drove a few and i have to say i was quite diapointed a standardish gtr is slow by the pulsars comparison until it get to about 100 which you cant really do in this country to to congenstion, thay are lovely cars though and respond well to small tuning, but off a line a pulsar with 1 bar would leave it behind, but remember the standard boost of a skyline is the same as the pulsars 0.7 bar iirc so a 1 bar skyline is alot quicker, mind you the turbos blow up at over a bar anyway lol

cmng

emm as the end.. it still bound to the individual preference
but a GTR is mean machine
as well GTiR

if you can afford both go for it
if you cannot select the one you like
quick street racer with feeling like inside a can?
or highway cruiser with solid build feel ?

EVOBAD

at the end of the day guys put this thread on the skyline forum & most of them hav had gtir & upgraded 2 skylines gtr or gts ,as for skylines they are alot mor reliable than the pulsar even the gts the strd engine will tak 450-500bhp just upgrade turbo ,ecu,injectors & your away ,so the pulsar is faster but every body who has owned a gtir loves them but in your mind your just thinging when is car going 2 go bang,but both cars are great:thumbsup:

R

reeper32

yer very true...

but you only get that much power from the rb25det.. not from the rb20det which is what ive got....

but still a very strong engine...

however im edging towards an evo 2 at the mo..

Fire & skill

Vintage member
this is laughable!!

a gtst is a sidestep? :lol:

i can see the point if we are talking about an R33 GTST with the 2.5 but an R32 with a 2.0l RB20?

what an absolute joke.

in case you's have all forgot - the Gti-R and the R32 GTR were developed together and at the same time.

its a step up mate, you will enjoy every minute of owning one

Ricky_GTi-R

Fire & skill said:
this is laughable!!

a gtst is a sidestep? :lol:

i can see the point if we are talking about an R33 GTST with the 2.5 but an R32 with a 2.0l RB20?

what an absolute joke.

in case you's have all forgot - the Gti-R and the R32 GTR were developed together and at the same time.

its a step up mate, you will enjoy every minute of owning one
Well said, agree with every word:thumbsup: a sidestep:lol: :doh: haha