Silvia ECU in GTI-R???

$

$ven

Hello technicians,

I've got a strange thing going on here. My engine is just rebuild, and I'm doing some performance mods at the moment. Today I wanted to fit my gizzmo chip, So I removed my ECU. And what did I see;

The sticker on the top of the ECU is an orginal Nissan one saying:

A11-B69
34 (large written numbers)
23710-69C05
A11-B69 A96

But someone has written SILVIA '96 with big letters on the box. Now my question; Is the silvia '96 ecu the same as a '92 orginal Sunny GTI-R?
Or is this just rubbish? Also car ran fine berfore, but had to rebuild the engine after 2000 miles. (2 broken lower-oil squirters)

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
that number (23710-69C05) is (afaik so far) for the euro RB spec
(we only found this out recently - and are looking into if it is also for the euro RA)
see pics here http://www.gtiroz.net/gallery/factoryecus

is your car an RB or RA?

and no, the silvia ecu is different

very strange that has been written on there... i dont suppose it has a chip in it already?
maybe it has been modified for the silvia (unlikely) - more likely someone has just written the wrong name on it
but it definitely has been out of the car at some stage - and probably sitting around in a tuners shop...

L

Little Miss Road Rage

What make of ECU is it? Is the socket on the brain blue and has it got 1 big plug or 3 seperate plugs?

S

str_motorsport

i have the same ecu with exactly the same numbers on my gti-r.
i also had fitted a gizzmo chip and it worked ok.
hope this helps.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

italy that is..
well then its must be the europe ecu
since i have a german car. with that ecu.

$

$ven

That figures then! My car is also from italy originally (imported). So I guess this is the normal computer code for the european cars.

Since the left hand-driven Sunny's where only build in 1992, there's only the early type computers. Thing I've heard though, is that there are different versions (also in the european R's) for different fuel qualities (lower octan). Anyone who can confirm this?