side exit

rossdj1983

gonna have a go at doing a side exit this weekend, but im wondering about the lamda probe- where abouts should i be putting it?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There's no need to move it.

Do you mean the cat temp sensor? you don't need that one if you do.

gtirx2

Like fast guy said you don't need to move it if you are keeping the standed turbo elbow,but if you are makeing a elbow/down pipe combo built all as one piece you will need to mount it in the down pipe proberly nearer the turbo,in the same sort of postion as it is now.

rossdj1983

im probably gonna ditch the elbow, have it all 3" stainless. just wondered if there was something i didnt know about before doing it. be nice to hear one first with a baffle in though

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
nimhbk said:
You need to get a look at mad max side exit, fu-king great but loud
On talking to Max a few months ago, he said he was going to get his side exit removed and the old exhaust put back on, as not only was it very noisey but he noticed a loss of power once the side exit was fitted.

mad max

As steve said i did noticed a loss of power but since then it has been remapped hence 417bhp 398torque bloody quick car now down-side is the noise on full boost

stumo

rossdj1983 said:
if its crazy loud i dont think ill bother, whats a good 3"system to go for then?
how loud do you think it's going to be?

It's about 2 feet long, 3 inch wide, with an excuse of a silencer?

My guess is it's gonna be whisper quiet!!! FFS

rossdj1983

stumo said:
how loud do you think it's going to be?

It's about 2 feet long, 3 inch wide, with an excuse of a silencer?

My guess is it's gonna be whisper quiet!!! FFS
i know its gonna be loud, but i was going to baffle it somehow. however i realise that id be pi55ing into the wind to try and atempt it! hence me going for a full system.

B

brooklyn

from what i understand jasma isn't a make, it is stamp put on to show it's aproved for road use, like the japanese wersion of a eu mark, might be wrong tho...