Side exit exhausts

DanValv3r

What are side exit exhausts like on a GTI-R????

have always liked side exits but wsnt sure what they were like performance wise and who makes them?? and also whats the fit like, do u get alot of banging?

cheers guys :thumbsup:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think DP and another company I won't name because they charge a ridiculous amount for theirs make them that exit through the drivers side front bumper. (I don't know DPs price, but I hope it's nowhere near the £500+ of the other company)

No one makes them that exit behind the front wheels that I know of, you'll have to do that yourself.

They should save a fair bit of weight compare to a full system. Not totally sure how they sound on the Gtir , but I'd say my mongoose sounds comparable to the side exit I knocked up for my montego.

DanValv3r

kool cheers for the info mate!!!

i have a full mongoose system at the minute, sounds really really nice (i also run one on the clio) but i fancy something different lol

nimhbk

might want to ask madmax as he one that exits via the side of the front bumper,shortest exhaust you will ever see, i think he paid a fair bit thou

jocster76

Why not make one yourself, mine exits from both sides of the front bumper and cost me no more than 200 quid and a coil of wire for my mig .
but it is noisy and yes it does pop and bang but this is maybe too loud for road use.

cheers

JOC