side exit exhaust

frp

does anyone do one of the shelf?

where is the best place to get one?

how much (ballpark) should one cost?

cheers steve

frp

was gonna get dave to do it but I'm struggling to find time to take it down.. been after a remap n stuff for 3 or 4 months but I just don't have time...

LOU ROB

keggles2001 said:
are the dp ones street legal
Mine's been on the car over 2 years, passed 2 m.o.t's with it fitted and never got pulled by the fuzz once. It was used as a daily driver to until recently.

boucherie

stupid question i know but i take it theres no silencers on the front bumper exhausts, and does it make it sound like its blowing as theres very little to quieten it down?

forge400

The side exit exhaust is illegal. I have a mate who has 1 on his R I think it's fabricated from a motorbike exhaust hoe that helps.

gtirneil

Why is it illegal?

Is it to do with the placement of it, i.e if its in front of the front wheels, like the ones that come out the front bumper

A side exit that exits behind the front doors is not illegal

Last edited:

boucherie

i always thought that so long as its not facing forward (the exhaust pipe that is) that it can come out wherever it likes. if you think of all the oldie type cars such as the AC cobra dont they have 'side' exit exhausts.
plus i was under the impression that so long as a side exit doesnt exit directly underneath a door you are ok?

maybe rishi can throw some light on this seeing as he's got a side exit and is fairly clued up on these things?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I had a side exit on my monty for years. No problems with police or mots with that one and it exited directly under a door on the passenger side. (quite good for popping and flames when a passenger was getting out.:whistle: :flame: )

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
iirc the legality is that as long as your exhaust is no further out than your wing mirrors then its legal. There are other areas such as no leaking gasses, but that’s all on the DVLA website

gtirneil

Have anyone got a link to somewhere with the information, ive tried DVLA and VOSA webshites, but im blind as a ****ing bat and it would be alot easier if one of you kind ladies could just point me in the right direction.