shopping list

stifler1603

i just bought my second gtir. its fully stock. im looking some advice on parts to buy to make it 400bhp. ie brand and size of turbo,ecu, cams, plugs, clutch, pistons,rods,maf,etc just to name a few i have three months to complete this project so im really looking forward to your support. and what do u guys think about the aem stand alone engine management system. im working on a budget of 10000 quid

Trip

By my car for less, transfer the parts on yours , sell the extra parts you won't use and you will end up with a track weapon :)

gtirpower

i just bought my second gtir. its fully stock. im looking some advice on parts to buy to make it 400bhp. ie brand and size of turbo,ecu, cams, plugs, clutch, pistons,rods,maf,etc just to name a few i have three months to complete this project so im really looking forward to your support. and what do u guys think about the aem stand alone engine management system. im working on a budget of 10000 quid
if you do get this underway than the AEM stand alone is the right way to go as im running that on mine.

stifler1603

does the aem stand alone ecu eliminate the maf? i hope it does because I'm thinking of getting one from on summit racing but it doesn't say anything about if it can eliminate the maf so i can run my gt2871 turbo straight without any air duct or air filter

williams

never looked into the aem ecu but if its a proper standalone you should be able to use a map instead of maf.

M

markwashington

Going down an aem stand alone route is overkill for 400bhp, for less than half the price you can get a nistune board fitted and mapped which will be perfectly ample for your needs. IMO I'd spend half of your £10k budget on a 400bhp r and then keep the stock car, they're getting rarer and rarer and I genuinely believe will be worth more than a 400bhp car in a couple of years time.