Shims???????????

G

gtir_2007

thats cool. I wasnt slagging it off by the way. just mearly pointing it out. If its definately the shims I'll just go with your idea i think. Seems an ok option. I spoken to my mate since and he says that it could be the lifters as it comes from the front and back of the head, whereas if it was the shims it would be the centre?

Does this make sense or shed any light on the subject??:sad:

P

pulsarboby

could be either shims or worn rockers / cams, as they are at the front and back.
dont know where he got the centre bit from:?
tbh you wont really know for sure untill the rocker covers removed and you looky see for signs of obvious problems, and check over a few things!

G

gtir_2007

OK thanks. I take it if it was lifters/shims there would be some scouring?

Apart from shims and the cams is everthing else available easily from nissan? thanks

stumo

If you're taking off the rocker cover remove the oil pipes and check that they're still clear and not blocked....

G

gtir_2007

so do you guys think it will be ok to drive about 5 miles if i take it easy as i need to get the car here to work on it. Thanks

gtirjaymz

hi all,
im having the same problem. jus had a recon engine put in and its v tappy. my engineering mate said it was 2 shims. how do i know which shims to get??!! lol!

J

jpward

gtirjaymz said:
hi all,
im having the same problem. jus had a recon engine put in and its v tappy. my engineering mate said it was 2 shims. how do i know which shims to get??!! lol!
You just have to measure the clearances and then work out what you can use from what shims you already have then re-order extra sizes he should be able to measure them up in no time ;-)