Set, gain and set gain help

paz

Hi all,

I want to turn down the boost on my greddy profec b to see if it still has any level of control.

The device allows me to adjust set, gain and set gain.

Can anyone tell me simply what the individual settings do? Can I turn down just one to reduce the boost, or do I realistically have to mess with them all to prevent spiking etc?

I have the settings which the racing line programmed in, so I won't be going higher than they recommend- just want to do a couple of tests to see if I need a completely new controller or just a remap.

Cheers

Paz

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Surely "set" is the boost you've set it to; gain is a fine-tune to adjust for the way it makes the boost isn't it? - Leave the gain alone and just fiddle with "set"?

skiddusmarkus

On my greddy E-01 it has start, set and gain.Start is the level of boost you want the wastegate to stay closed until.The set is the % over and above actuator rating you want to run so if you had a 1 bar actuator and entered 50% it would run 1.5 bar.Gain relates to how fast you want the solenoid to act.
If you put the gain too high though it can make it spike so you have to try and keep set and gain within a few numbers of each other which might mean you have to mess about with those 2 to get the amount of boost you want, the response you want and no spiking.
I can only assume that "set" on yours is the same as my "start".There are online greddy manuals to be found though if in doubt.

williams

with gain i start with it low, and keep turning it up till the car makes and holds the required boost.

dont know about boost setting with this controller though.

paz

:lol: hence why I asked, manuals not great when you want simple instructions.

Don't think it's the controller though, over boosting with it turned off now- another post to follow :lol:

williams

was it working? is it plumbed in correct? bypass the solenoid and connect the vacum hose straight to wastegate and it should just run the ~7psi wastegate pressure.

paz

Yeah it was working fine fella, so something must have changed - at first I thought it was the unit itself but then tried running the car with it off and it Overboosted.

Will have a nosy around the engine bay tomorrow, but will prob have to take it to the garage if I can't see anything obvious

williams

not sure hos the solenoid works on the? but if the actuator doesnt see any pressure on it then it wont open. solenoid may be fooked.

stumo

Bypass the booooost controller by piping up the actuator directly to the engine, you should only get about .7 bar, any more and it sounds like the actuator is knackered.