Scorpion Exhausts

chrisniss91

Where can you buy these from :?: All i want is from the cat back and backbox. What size tailpipe is it and is it outwardly rolled :?: Any ideas on how much? Or should i get a mongoose? with the goose is there a 3'' and 5'' tailpipe.

M

Mikey

Outwardly rolled i think 3" and very quiet ! I like mine but i'd like it a little noisier sometimes. There not cheap, i think about £350 for cat back. Whats wrong with the one you have now ? And what have you got now ?

chrisniss91

I have a trust 4 1/2 '' system. But i can see signs of rust :x Not bad for £705 cat back :oops: I want it to be loud though :cry: looks like when its change time it will be the goose then

M

Mikey

Bollox to that ! But like i said it maybe a bit quiet for some :lol:

A

Anonymous

Chris you can get the direct from scorpion, on my old 21 turbo the baffles went in the back box and I drove up and waited while they sorted it!

Nice bunch of chaps aswell!

Nick.

J

J-GTi-R

Loudness is a prblem with the Scorpion. Boo has one and he got sound tested at Coombe just after me and was a whole 1 dB louder than my standard exhaust (i.e. very quiet). Cars with 'gooses were 10dB or more louder.

O

Olly

J-GTi-R said:
Loudness is a prblem with the Scorpion. Boo has one and he got sound tested at Coombe just after me and was a whole 1 dB louder than my standard exhaust (i.e. very quiet). Cars with 'gooses were 10dB or more louder.
But the Scorpion car would be allowed out on the track, the mongoose is too loud at some places all depends on the noise limit :roll:

P

purplemonster

im running a scorpion which did have a 3in tailpipe which i cut off and had a 5in pipe fitted ,looks awsome :)

but it is very quiet ,could be mistaken for a 1.4 lol

ROBERT

B

Boo

Here you go guys - here's mine and as Jason said, very quiet - but does churp up a bit after some ranting... I borrowed Adrian's R, with a mongoose for a week, great fun - but christ, my head hurt after a while...

Not sure abou this - was once told that they stick out a little further, top aviod melting the bumper... :oops: :oops:

I hate Monday...

C

Crazy

I am also about to buy an exhaust for my GTiR but have not been able to make up my mind :?

When my car was rolling roaded the operator commented that the exhaust/cat/front pipe on my car were as good as standard and that they were strangling the car, he advised me to replace it :oops:

I asked him what exhaust he thought was the best for the GTiR and he said that he prefers the Scorpion exhaust & De-cat with the HKS front pipe but after being on this site for a few months now I have noticed that many of you GTiR owners have the Mongoose exhaust but..............................yes but :( I have noticed alot of you guys saying that the mongoose is very loud so I have not yet made a definate decision!

What are your opinions lads :?: :?:

J

J-GTi-R

But the Scorpion car would be allowed out on the track, the mongoose is too loud at some places all depends on the noise limit
Absolutely, I'm hoping my Peco, which is a little quieter than the 'goose, will still allow me on the track. The 'goose is too loud really for serial track-dayers.

J

J-GTi-R

But the Scorpion car would be allowed out on the track, the mongoose is too loud at some places all depends on the noise limit
Absolutely, I'm hoping my Peco, which is a little quieter than the 'goose, will still allow me on the track. The 'goose is too loud really for serial track-dayers.