Scoobs STI blumin quick

gunmetalgtir

nimhbk said:
most gtir are about 17 years plus thou guys.
i'm shocked when i get in my ford focus tdi let alone a new scoobie, that has more pull than my gtir which is running 1bar...
Your pulsar must be a sh*ter then! :lol:

youngsyp

Fast Guy said:
Ther'es alot of different models out there tho. Some weigh the same as a Gtir, some are 200kg heavier. That makes a difference when it comes to what power they need to beat us.
The 'classic' Impreza's are the ones that weigh around the same as the GTiR. A stock STI VI Type R/ UK P1 would give a 1 bar GTiR a good run for it's money and it would leave the same GTiR, with basic chassis mods on the bends.
The new age Impreza's weight upwards of 1500kg's so, you'd need one with a fair amount of power to get away from you on the straights. They'd also be pretty poor on the twisty stuff too, due to their inherent understeer chassis characteristics.

Paul

geoff pine

nimhbk said:
most gtir are about 17 years plus thou guys.
i'm shocked when i get in my ford focus tdi let alone a new scoobie, that has more pull than my gtir which is running 1bar...
You need to take your gtir to some one that knows how to tune one because there is clearly some thing wrong with yours if you think that.

gunmetalgtir

nimhbk said:
about 258 fella
but its there straight away with out having to wait
Launch your Pulsar at 5.5K revs and you wont have to wait for the torque either! :lol:

Saying that though, you will probably have to wait for a new gearbox! :doh: :lol:

W

wolvogtir

Hey guys managed to pull this guy over today in his Scoob, He reckons its about 320-350bhp but he hasn't had it on a RR or a dyno for a while he works with someone of Here I think from VW anyone?? I'm gonna get mine checked over and make sure everything is running how it should. Will let you know if I find anything.

Bart GTI-R

yes mate I work at VW, he said he spoke to you, said your R was nice! you'll have to pop down one day mate, Im in tomorrow till 12.30. whats your name?

W

wolvogtir

Hi, Bart sorry couldn't get to your place as I was also at work till 3pm, My Name is Gordon but call me George, will try and pop down to VW one day in the week, if thats ok mate.

Bart GTI-R

yeah just come down mate, and drive across the workshop doors. i work on the ramp second from the end, Im sure il see your R though

W

wolvogtir

Hi Bart popped down last week you was out on Road test your mate with the Scooby said I waited a while but had to get off. Will try and pop down one day this week if your at work and if its ok. I will try and get Roger to pop down with me and his 750bhp R as everyone is sceptical about his power and you can see for yourself.

Matty B

if this car really has got 750 bhp then that is a SERIOUS road car. Can't see it being quite that much but would love to be proved wrong. Lets see some pics and a spec list buddy.

Bart GTI-R

Yeah just come down mate, tomorrow prob wont be the best because were going to be busy, but any other day this week and Im sure il be their.