Scoobs STI blumin quick

W

wolvogtir

Hey had a little play with a Blue 03 sti on way back from work about an hour ago, didn't know they was that quick, I'm pushing 330bhp and when he pulled away from me I had to turn into a side street with embarrassment, Are they all that quick or do you reckon it was a one off my car was flying, and i did notice he had a massive exhaust. May need to modify further I'm thinking.:roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If he pulled away that quick he may have around 4-500bhp or you don't have the 330bhp you thought you did. Sounds like you need an HPA Golf R32 :nerner:.

snoon

my mate has a prodrive sti 03 plate - thats pretty quick. Not far behind my 350 BHP R.

W

wolvogtir

the car's defo 330bhp only had it dyno'd Saturday. HPA R32=love one

W

wolvogtir

No i'm not sayin R's are the only tuned cars out there but mine is tuned his was tuned and it flew down, It did have WRX plate on it not sure if it was a UK how do you tell? It had tinted windows. Was going down past Cineworld and Sainsburys on the way to Wednesfield. Do you know of it? Hope it is tuned.

Rav

i had a play with my gf's RA when she had it and was embarresed when it kept up with my R, i had a Gt28rs and forged engine, i told her i was running low on fuel lol

W

wolvogtir

Sorry I got a T28 Turbo, FMIC, Full HKS exhaust, Greddy boost controller, MSD coil and leads, HKS induction kit, Walbro fuel pump, Sard fual press regulator, Silicon boost and coolant hoses, MSD injectors 740cc, Sard fuel Rail, Modified throttle housings not sure what I am still trying to find out wat they are.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Rav said:
i had a play with my gf's RA when she had it and was embarresed when it kept up with my R, i had a Gt28rs and forged engine, i told her i was running low on fuel lol

Their RA is our RB isn't it? Lightweight and close ratio gearbox?

W

wolvogtir

Race Altered I was after one about a year ago they are quick.

W

wolvogtir

Race Altered I was after one about a year ago, they are quick lightweight panels no air con no elecys, close ratio gearbox.

Matty B

people knock scoobys on here alot, but a 300+ bhp impreza is always going to be a quick car, my friend has got a 305 bhp old shape sti and its very quick indeed. Don't get me wrong, im not a fan of imprezas at all but a slightly tuned ( and well driven ) subaru is enough for any car to deal with. Thats my view anyway.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ther'es alot of different models out there tho. Some weigh the same as a Gtir, some are 200kg heavier. That makes a difference when it comes to what power they need to beat us.

I raced a brand new WR1 when I only had 246bhp to his 300+ and I beat him up the strip. He did a 13.2 to my 13.0. Mags were all quoting 13.2ish for the WR1, so he didn't mess up.

Bart GTI-R

yeah thats my mates Scooby :) its quick but would of thought a 330bhp pulsar would keep with it?? havnt had mine on the rolling road, but Im at 1.2bar and would think id keep with him. Im sure he'll tell me tomorrow a Puslar was racin him ;)

Garef

I reckon it must have been tuned quite well. My mate drives an 07 sti with the full ppp kit, which he says pushes out 333 bhp. We're neck and neck whenever we have a blast, same with my mate who just got an rb320 neck and neck. I'm only running 0.9 with a full mongoose and hks filter. I reckon I am not even pushing 280 bhp.

nimhbk

most gtir are about 17 years plus thou guys.
i'm shocked when i get in my ford focus tdi let alone a new scoobie, that has more pull than my gtir which is running 1bar...