Safc 2 Fueling Adjustments

mattytappy

As i said before edd, its really bad....the pictures just dont show it as my camera isnt to good at close up shots....but there is alot of heavy build up on both the sensors....to the point where it is not visable to see the electrode coils.....i wiped my finger on the outer edge and a thick greasy, dirty great smear came off.....:doh:

Can these be re-furbished in anyway shape or form that you know off?

youngsyp

Micra Ed said:
Just blast it with carb cleaner. The only re-furb is making sure they are as clean as new.
Be very carefull and use a cotton bud soaked in the cleaner to clean the element too. I found that was the only way to shift the last residue of crap, when I cleaned my AFM last.

Paul

mattytappy

Paul did you find that it opperated better once cleaned....ie did you have problems with it before hand...hence you having to clean it.?

Also im still getting a reading of 1.345 volts on the maf according to the safc monitor. and ive also re grounded it as well....does this sound excessivly high, ie high enough to cause runnig problems?

Kind regards

mattytappy

youngsyp

mattytappy said:
Paul did you find that it opperated better once cleaned....ie did you have problems with it before hand...hence you having to clean it.?
Yes, it did seem to run smoother (acceleration wise) and the exhaust emissions smelt different after it was cleaned. :lol:
I did have any known issues associated with the MAF at the time though, although I did have a missfire caused by a partially blocked fuel filter.
The MAF element only had a light dusting on it too but, it didn't come off with just a few squirts off carb cleaner. It needed some physical agitation.

mattytappy said:
Also im still getting a reading of 1.345 volts on the maf according to the safc monitor. and ive also re grounded it as well....does this sound excessivly high, ie high enough to cause runnig problems?

Kind regards

mattytappy
I'd ignore the SAFC voltage reading.

I've been fiddling with my TPS recently and my AVCR reckons it's seeing a reading of around 0.39 volts from that. I measured and adjusted the TPS, directly at the weekend and it was giving a reading of 0.46 volts before and 0.45 volts after adjustment.

Paul

mattytappy

Chers paul....i havent got roung to cleaning the maf as off yet....kids and the misses working:roll:

As soon as i get a chance tommorow im going to give the z32 maf a good ol scrub with my pressure washer...:shock: .....:lol: :lol: only kidding, and stick it back on and see if it runs better.....fingers crossed....other wise ive bought a dud.

Many thanks

Mattytappy

youngsyp

mattytappy said:
Chers paul....i havent got roung to cleaning the maf as off yet....kids and the misses working:roll:

As soon as i get a chance tommorow im going to give the z32 maf a good ol scrub with my pressure washer...:shock: .....:lol: :lol: only kidding, and stick it back on and see if it runs better.....fingers crossed....other wise ive bought a dud.

Many thanks

Mattytappy
Whilst it's off, see if you can find the resistance specs for it. That way, you can confirm if it's kaput or not..... It's more than possible it could be something else and the dirty MAF is a red Herring ?!

Paul