Running problem still

richb

Hi ppl,I'm still having trouble with my r,if I start it and drive it straight away it idles at 1500-1800 rpm well to high but last nite I started it and left it 20 mins to warm up and it idled lower around 1100-1200 rpm it's doing my head in any ideas?no vacuum pipes r leaking my mate has a smoke detector and not I'd leaking air,help

Murff93GTiR

Tps needing adjusted or idle control valve if our engines have one?also have you checked for a boost leak?also maybe an inlet gasket needin replaced?

vss irvine

its a common problem mate so dont think your the only one.

things to do,

as above adjust tps
clean afm
re earth afm.

then worse case, remove the idle control valve and clean or replace it.

20 years of running can make them bung up.

richb

Hi , have checked and changed the idle control valve and it's made no difference,re earth air flow meter?thought it was already?

GTIR-NZ

I had the same problem but if i was stuck in traffic it would go into limp home mode. Had the Dastek unichip taken out and now its idling at 1100-1250 and continually idles nicely. Now going to look forward to nistune chip and remap after xmas! Hope you get yours sorted cause its bl@@dy annoying.

stumo

It's just a case of going through anything that can make the idle speed increase

Do what VSS said then go looking for any airleaks, they will be small, even a small crack in a hose will make the revs rise.

check your blow off valve, if you can seal it up then that's the best way to check it, if it's stripable, strip it n clean.

check the solenoids on the back of the inlet manifold, they can sometimes get a bit gunked up.

stumo

Now going to look forward to nistune chip and remap after xmas! Hope you get yours sorted cause its bl@@dy annoying.
you'll have to find the problem before it gets re-mapped.

richb

Do have another plenum with idle valve on it might strip it clean it and fit it and re check hoses while it's apart,still a pain in the arse!lol

Gaz gtiR

im glad mines away for winter now, after the week ive had & if mine wouldnt start id of probably kicked the shit out of it by now!