Running Fault?

Shaun

:D Hi guy's,a mate of mine has had a problem with his car for a while now that causes it to seriously hold back,its spec is frontmount,walbro,blitz airfilter,3 inch exhaust,AVCR set at 14psi low and 17psi high,SAFC2 mapped by a tuner.I have changed sparkplugs(NGK BKR8IEX set to 0.7mm,new fuel filter,new distributer cap and rotor arm i have also re-earthed the MAF.Last night i put my datalogger on to it and we noticed that when it "CUT" and the throttle was pressed the ignition timing was retarded to -5 :shock: and no matter what speed or boost we ran it still did the same,as soon as you pressed the throttle(didnt matter how much)it would retard the ignition :? .Then if we pulled over and turned the car off and left it for 10-20 seconds then re-started it it would drive normally :? until it "CUT". I was thinking maybe the crankangle sensor :?: Anyone else any ideas as to why the ignition would be retarded so far :?: Or what sensor could cause it :?:

R

rickymi

Does it cut the boost back to about 0.5 bar if so sounds like the det sensor is sensing detination. Goes it to a failsafe mode and retards the timming and drops of the boost.

J

jpward

Dooie Pop Pop said:
when was the last time he changed his fuel filter?
Ermm read between the lines perticularly 2nd and 4th one :wink:

Shaun

rickymi said:
Does it cut the boost back to about 0.5 bar if so sounds like the det sensor is sensing detination. Goes it to a failsafe mode and retards the timming and drops of the boost.
Hi mate,as far as we can tell its not sensing DET,according to the tuner it was fueled for 3.5bar so there is plenty of fuel going in,and it also happens if you just potter around say at 30-40mph without boost,and DET occurs under load at high revs :wink: Also,safe mode is a)supposed to retard the ignition by 10degs,the car is running 20deg's and is being retarded to -5 :shock: so thats 25degs that its being retarded,and b)wont let you rev above 3000revs and this still allows you to rev right up to the redline.

J

jpward

Have you any way of checking the TPS?

If it only happens when you press the gas then use the SAFC to check this is functioning correctly, what about the fault code check is it throwing anything up after it happens?

Shaun

:D Hi mate,i'm using NissanDataScan software through the consult port 8) ,the TPS is fuctioning correctly from 0.42v to 4.8v iirc :wink: .Also the fault code check comes up 55 all clear :wink: