Running a Gti-r in Canada?

O

Odin

As above anybody know if this can be done?, If I do have to go to Canada I don't know how long I'll be gone :oops: , If I can't run the pulsar in Canada I've only two options.

Option 1: Sell it :cry: .

Option 2: take it over as a track/drag car if possible.

Does anybody know if they have Evo's or Scoobie's out there?.

rob

JIMMYBACK

:shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: sotre it is you best option canada is very funny on cras that are not domestic to them and have to be over a certain age before they can be imported.i think only the early models i.e early 91 are allowed over and i dont think there allowed to be modded ether :oops: :oops:

O

Odin

If it can't be modded what the bl00dy point of owning it :roll: :cry: .

But I wont set much store on what jimmy halfwit say's :roll: :lol: :lol: .

rob

marcymarc

There is a Canadian bloke with an R on the forum , his name is akchang, send him a pm and he.ll tell you the procedure.

If i remember rightly , you are allowed import any 15 year old car and over to Canada, i think this rule came in last year so you should be able to import a 1990-1991 GTiR (complete car)
Or if a car is under 15 years old the car must be brought in as peices put in containers and reasembled in Canada (i think you can then class it as a kit car :wink: )

edited to add: if a car is broken up in to pieces there is also a loophole that can class it as spare parts (which means cheap tax , duty etc etc)

JIMMYBACK

vpulsar said:
If it can't be modded what the bl00dy point of owning it :roll: :cry: .

But I wont set much store on what jimmy halfwit say's :roll: :lol: :lol: .

rob
thats the whole point you numpty :roll: its so you dont buy any other car except one mean for the Canadian market :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: ..think about it i know more than you and thats saying some thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

O

Odin

marcymarc said:
There is a Canadian bloke with an R on the forum , his name is akchang, send him a pm and he'll tell you the procedure.

If i remember rightly , you are allowed import any 15 year old car and over to Canada, i think this rule came in last year so you should be able to import a 1990-1991 GTiR (complete car)
Or if a car is under 15 years old the car must be brought in as peaces put in containers and reassembled in Canada (i think you can then class it as a kit car :wink: )

edited to add: if a car is broken up in to pieces there is also a loophole that can class it as spare parts (which means cheap tax , duty etc etc)
Thanks for that fella :wink: , I've mailed and PM'd him

rob

Shaun

:D Rob,try Mohawkboom on Modifiers,he lives in Canada and is importing an 'R' from Japan at the moment.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The other guy you could ask is EVOGUN, he lives in Canada aswel.

He owns a modding shop over there so should know what he's on about.

Steve

O

Odin

Jamesw said:
Or you could store at mine Rob! :wink:

Oh right :shock: , That sounds like a plan :shock: NOT.

But thanks for the offer anyway :wink: .

rob

pete-r

I think you should sell it and buy a toyota prius :D canada is very concious about the environment and you should be seen to do your bit :p

O

Odin

pete-r said:
I think you should sell it and buy a toyota prius :D canada is very concious about the environment and you should be seen to do your bit :p

I would think about selling it, But I don't think anybody would pay enough :cry: , I could always buy a nice evo or something :twisted: .

rob