running 1.2 bar boost

t16coupe

hi i want to run 1.2 bar boost on my pulsar but it keeps tripping the det sensor mods are recent engine and gearbox rebuild stage 1 hybrid turbo big fmic walbro pump am i best to get a mines ecu or a apexi safc and 550 cc injectors and run about 1.4 bar

shroom

Sort of answered the question for yourself lol, yer that is two ways of doing it both will require some supposed profesional or person in the know to check fueling etc as you don't want to melt that engine as det is bad

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You're not trying to use regular unleaded are you?

If it was me, I'd go for neither of those and put a Nistune board in. - Is there any particular reason you want 1.2bar?

t16coupe

1.2 bar boost

no always use v power fuel i always thought 1.2 bar is the max the std injectors and maf will take

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
no always use v power fuel i always thought 1.2 bar is the max the std injectors and maf will take
It's a bit hit and miss to be honest. - There is a fair degree of debate about what the limit really is because I'm told that looking at the map anything above about 1bar is off the top and the ECU just throws fuel at it... but anecdotally people have found that 1.2 bar is some kind of sweet spot (where the fuelling comes back to ideal). - It might not be achievable for everyone; if your air filter breaths less, your exhaust is a little more restrictive, the moon isn't in phase, then it doesn't work for you.

You'd be better to get some rolling road time and just turn the boost up until you find the optimum for your current setup. - If you're going to install daughter boards and injectors then you might as well go all-out.

t16coupe

more info on the nistune ecu please never heard of them who supplys fits and maps them also to the guy above how much for the 550cc injectors

shroom

Nistune is a daughter board alowing your ecu to be mapped to what you desire, fusion ed is the man to speak to it works out at around 300 quid or a bit more for dyno run etc and that's very good valie, although he is down south so wether you want to travel,

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No. More like the Nistune boards that fit Nissan ECUs. :thumbsup:

The principle is probably the same; the standard map is locked so the only way to change the fuelling and timing maps is to (a) lie to the ECU about what signals are coming in (b) put a daughter board in with an EPROM that you can write new maps to. - Nistune is a great choice because it's designed specifically for Nissan ECUs. I might be wrong, but I think they'll provide the software and base maps for free by download from the site.

As it's an Australian company you're better off getting it installed by someone like Ed, and letting them set-up your tune rather than doing it yourself. - By that I mean you can get one imported and solder it in yourself, then road tune the map... but it doesn't actually work out cheaper than having someone who knows what they're doing sort it for you.

projectgtir

so i take it youve done a fault code check because the car is playing up when you run 1.2 bar .
If its giving you a 34 code when on standard boost it could just be a fauly det sensor .
Either way mate you should get your fueling checked .

Im running the same as you when i had mine checked it was excessivly overfueling at high rpm so had to be corrected.

stifler1603

anyone on here has a cell number for ed down at fusion motorsports or a work number? i live in the caribbean i want to send one of my ecu's to him for him to install a nistune daughter board in it and tune it and send it back to me

watoga

anyone on here has a cell number for ed down at fusion motorsports or a work number? i live in the caribbean i want to send one of my ecu's to him for him to install a nistune daughter board in it and tune it and send it back to me
You won't be able to "tune" the board without it installed in your car and either on the road or on a rolling road. You *can* get a base map (perhaps using a best-guess approach for your currently installed mods) installed, which you can tweek in real-time to fine tune the ignition/fuel maps.

To be honest, if you're based that far away, it might be better for you to contact NIStune directly and buy board off them. Installation is easy enough (if you can use a soldering iron), but you'll need patience and time to get the maps right. If you fancy doing this yourself, I would advise you download and thoroughly read the help guides on the NIStune website:

http://www.nistune.com/support-documentation.php

Good luck,
Dave

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There is also an authorised distributor in Jamaica who might be able to install and tune it for you. - I'm not trying to do Ed out of the business; I'm just saying that someone more local might be more appropriate.

From the Nistune website:
NIZZ Pro Jamaica (Workshop)
103 Maxfield Ave, Kingston, Jamaica
Contact (876) 388-5610
email - nizzproja@gmail.com