RPS Max Street Clutch and CYN-R-G Flywheel

Mark N

For a while now my car has needed a new clutch. So the time has come to get it!
Has anyone on here fitted the RPS Max Street? Whats it like?
Also has anyone fitted the RPS CYN-R-G Flywheel. I rang SRBPower to order the package they have advertised. Somebody there informed me that the flywheel for the GTIR is the one for the 200SX so you have to enlarge the holes that the cover bolts to. Has anyone here fitted one, if so who did you send the flywheel too, to have the holes enlarged? If you drilled them yourself it would knocked the balancing out. :?
Is it worth buying the Helix and the fidanza?

J

justin666

As I dont have the flywheel I cant really help on that front but I do Have an RPS Max Street in my little R :D

Its a good bit of kit in my opinion and there are quite a few people on here now that do use it. The pedal feel is quite heavy but you would expect that from a clutch that claims to hold over 400ftlb's of torque. :) You may experience some shakey leg syndrome when stuck in traffic but overall its a nice clutch to use. Bites nice and hard but easily allows for plenty of slippage for town driving etc :) 8)

J.

Dooie Pop Pop

i made mine slip like a bugger through 2 gears with 370lbft on my fourth 1/4 mile run in 30-40mins or so. they dont like getting hot but you could say that for any organic.

i did that last june iirc and its still going btw :shock: :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Mark N said:
Also has anyone fitted the RPS CYN-R-G Flywheel. I rang SRBPower to order the package they have advertised. Somebody there informed me that the flywheel for the GTIR is the one for the 200SX so you have to enlarge the holes that the cover bolts to. Has anyone here fitted one, if so who did you send the flywheel too, to have the holes enlarged? If you drilled them yourself it would knocked the balancing out. :?
Going through the fitting at the moment :x :x :x

Simon hadn't mentioned enlarging the holes on the flywheel until I said I was having problems fitting it. Flywheel is off to machine shop to do this and check the balance as I'm not taking anything for granted now.

I also need to find new cover plate bolts as the flywheel is aluminim so doesn't seem to use 8 x 1.25mm as usual. Mechanic thinks they might be "UNC"? instead so is trying to source them at the moment.

Hopefully it will all turn out okay in the end.

Jim

JIMMYBACK

campbellju said:
Mark N said:
Going through the fitting at the moment :x :x :x

Simon hadn't mentioned enlarging the holes on the flywheel until I said I was having problems fitting it. Flywheel is off to machine shop to do this and check the balance as I'm not taking anything for granted now.

I also need to find new cover plate bolts as the flywheel is aluminim so doesn't seem to use 8 x 1.25mm as usual. Mechanic thinks they might be "UNC"? instead so is trying to source them at the moment.

Hopefully it will all turn out okay in the end.

Jim
you wot it dosent fit straight on :evil: :evil: :evil: ffs another mod needs to be done before it can be fitted

ex-gtir

rps cover are a nightmare to fit to flywheel location pins dont line up
as it nigh on a standard cover with stupid helper springs on finger can see why

J

justin666

ex-gtir said:
rps cover are a nightmare to fit to flywheel location pins dont line up
as it nigh on a standard cover with stupid helper springs on finger can see why
I must have got lucky then cause mine went straight on :D :D

J.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yep, I'm running that set up.
I didn't fit mine myself, but I never got a "we have a problem" phone call, so it must have gone straight on, (unless the guy has come across this before and gave the holes a quick enlarging :? )