roof rack for R?

K

Kolyaness

i do alot of snowboarding and biking and would help to have a roof rack, just not sure if they made one for the gti-r
i searched the work roof rack on the forums and didnt really find where to buy one, just one that was for sale used.

like anyone use one? mounts up solid? safe? cause the roof doesnt look like it would support a roof rack well.

Last edited by a moderator:

geoff pine

Halfords do one for the n14 three door hatchback same roof line had no trouble fitting it to my car :thumbsup: . Got the idea of aguy in sydney who told me about him racing a subaru with him and his girl friends bikes on his roof rack.

Last edited:
K

Kolyaness

well they look like a nice ski rack but i dont ski, and i will need a plain rack so i can put my bike attachment on there too... but thanks for the response i would buy new from a website too if there was one?

kenan

South West Regional Rep
You can choose the Sunny 3 door on halfords website. Total cost is about £85

kenan

South West Regional Rep
If I were you I'd go in store to do a test fit, they normally don't mind.

Last time the lad was telling me to make a run for it without paying ???

K

Kolyaness

i live in canada tho lol
i emailed them if they will ship it cause the website wont let me buy it lol

geoff pine

I remember that you only need the fittings for the back of the car as the front ones are standard roof rack type fittings

K

Kolyaness

even the guys in ebay dont wanna ship the fitings for the thule rack... i have a rack that will work i just need the end fittings :S

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Received and fitted the new rack today and here are the pics for anyone interested:

And one of the car from a little "play" on some fun roads last weekend :thumbsup:

G

GTi-R_Damian

Kenan, looks nice, is that the aero bar? Do you know if they have a front diffuser for the front bar (like the one i posted of the Del Sol in the other forum)? would make it look mint. I am actually "Dappa" on the other GTi-R forum who started the roofrack post. Where do you surf in England? I see you guys have some great spots up there, they just look cold as hell!

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Yeah its an Aero bar, they didn't do a diffuser that I know of and TBH can't really see the point of one ?!? The company I ordered off were very good on the phone, they might even send it out to you ;) if not give me a shout and we could work something out?

As for surfing over here I do it in Devon and Cornwall. Can get cold but that keeps the beaches empty :) Might be of to Hawaii next year, would be weird to be in just board shorts

G

GTi-R_Damian

haha, boardshorts are the best, you'll be hitting airs like it's nothing losing all the weight from the wetsuit! If you ever decide to come to Barbados for a little surfing give me a shout, we have a quite a few nice spots.

I just wanted a diffuser for the looks tbh sorta like Yakima has for theirs (guess the correct word would be a wind deflector?)

Which company did you use? I am in despirate need of one. I have an FCS removable jobby right now and it's a load of sh^te especially going above 50kph, not to mention hell to put on and remove. lol.

G

GTi-R_Damian

Ok i'm dumb, never mind my question about where you got it from, just saw the site in the link above lol.. i will give them a call and let you know what's up, thanks alot for the info!