Revs featured Red R, J***JWV

IrishDan

A long time ago i know but im sure someone remembers on knows about this car.
Was ratching through old car mags and found a copy of "Revs" dated april 2001,

Has a red "sunny GTi-R" feature, truni front bumper and bonnet, anti lag-launch controll 330bhp etc etc....owners at the time called Paul&Tracy hardcastle,

Just curious to see if this cars still kicking about looked mint then!

IrishDan

Aye it was a red one mate, dam shame that! looked imaculate, there was also a black one and a white one in the background of one of the pics...cracking write up too.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You mean this one.. Its been broken for parts as far as i know.. Well the Motec M48PRO ECU w/AntiLag and Launch Control is now in my car.. :twisted:

Last edited:
That car was responsible for making me want a GTiR. It took 8 years before I could do it, but deffinately worth the wait. Think I still have the magazine somewhere, minus the cover and with frayed pages

IrishDan

Yup thats the one!!, wouldnt mind that ecu8)
Its a shame to see such a nice one broke and when there geting rare, but i supose it helps keep the rest of us on the road,
Was it an actual UK car as they refer to it as a "sunny"??
Are the old owners on here or the modders club??

dav-gtir

Presuming its a Pulsar just from the boot but don't know the history of the car etc to be 100% things can change. . alot of people over here just generally know them as Sunny GTiRs anyways!!

P

pulsarboby

yes i can confirm that the car was broke for spares!
it was a shame i have to agree but i offered people the chance to buy the car at 5.5k with a full respray as it had gone a pink colour. but no one wanted it:?
i left it for sale for around 2 months but then broke it as it was taking up space.

i believe the engine is still going strong but has been in a couple of members cars since but cant remember who, i know craig 04 bought engine and it made good power but then he sold us his car after he ran out of money and the engine was then sold on to someone else!
rishi as said had the motec and the other bits are spread all over the world lol

one of the other cars in the mag featured (white one) was owned by dean 93 who was a former mod on this site, he loved that red car but could not afford to buy it at the time.

P

pulsarboby

Fook me I would've bought that bob very nice and red love the red ones!

lol that was the problem when trying to sell the car! everyone was saying 'i would have bought that bob.....but':doh:

its not easy selling a car for that kind of money (the car was well worth the asking price and more) but people just dont have that kind of dollar floating around spare, by selling that car whole at the price i was asking i was throwing away 3k but would have rather have seen the car live on, in the finish i made much more in spares.