Replacement body panels

Richard_Sideways

Right, the bodyshop have started stripping the old girl down and looks like the rot on the rear arches has got through to the interior panel too. Any ideas where I might be able to get panels for OS and NS?

warpspeed

I just make mine from flat sheet, find it easier than messing about with aftermarket panels as the fit is usually so crap I end up remaking them anyway...

Richard_Sideways

Thanks Warpspeed, currently banging my head against the parts service from Nissan UK, who's general attitude seems to be "Oh, an 'import' " like i'd just dropped a dead dog on their counter.

vss irvine

For anyone trying to order parts from nissan. Message me and ill give you a reg and chassis number from a uk car.

you wont however get any parts from nissan for the body interior. They just dont make them anymore im afraid.

As above chassis rails are about all thats left.

houghy_1

Years ago i had replacement rear arch panels and sills that are from the 5 door sunny,from what i remember there the only ones that are any good. i think they were from beevers,think theyve gone bust now though

keastygtir

Having gone through this process myself I have to say that the best decision I made was to find a really good uk sunny. I paid £350 for it and has been an essential source for parts and panels. I would have used the arches and sills from it but I had bought and fitted 5 door panels before I got it

Richard_Sideways

Rot was more extensive than hoped... will have to throw a bit more money at the project but we can rebuild her.
Sills turned out to be in reasonable enough nick not to need replacing though.
Ugly pictures to come.

keastygtir

yep, a familiar site.

Not to worry anyone but a lot of this is tricky to see until you start digging

Richard_Sideways

Fortunately, whats rotten is now in the bin and replaced with new material. Was supposed to be getting the car back this weekend but there was a flaw in the paintwork (bubbled during the curing) and the garage is redoing Fingers crossed for a return mid-week.

Richard_Sideways

Well wads of cash have changed hands and the old girls back in my garage with nice new inner and outer arches, fixed floor pan and rustproofed and sealed for hopefully a good while to come. Only problem now is the new paint shows up just how faded the tailgate has got.

Last edited: