removing the afm

tonyrally

right guys looking for a bit of advice ecu/afm is there any ecus that will be able to be mapped without the air flow meter? have been looking at the power fcs but there is no mention of inputs ect. i do know that the omex 600 will run maffles so this is a posible idea. my current spec is.

gt3071r turbo
fmic
standard engine but will be forged in the near future
twin bosch 044 pumps
sards pressure reg
avcr
safc
blitz sonic filter

just getting parts together at the min to get up to some decent power when i have bought a forged engine wether it be on from here or a new unit built.

any help mucho apreciated. tony

red reading

syvecs s6gp and s8, all motecs, emerald, aem,solaris, dta, etc they will all support tps/map/iat over maf. i run syvecs and the differance between it and standard/pwer fc is huge... so much nicer to drive.

skiddusmarkus

How much did the syvecs weigh in at all in Danny?

I think its bene mentioned about the possibility to run Nistune with a map sensor but not sure if anyone managed it yet.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think its bene mentioned about the possibility to run Nistune with a map sensor but not sure if anyone managed it yet.
I thought Nistune could only work with Nissan configurations that already exist, so if there's no standard MAP sensor you can't select it. - Objectively you should be able to calculate some scaling factors and tell Nistune it's a MAF, but that may not be as simple as it sounds.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think those Nismotronic things are a little odd; it's basically just an embedded PC that sits ontop of the ECU to control everything... so it's not quite a standalone solution, but it's not a chip either (despite them calling it one). - I'm not sure whether I think that's really cool, or really dangerous. The geek in me likes the idea of the little PC, but I know how often things like that crash... but can you then just reboot the car by turning the ignition off and on again?

I'm also not sure how they've got away with using the Nismo brand name in something that is clearly not Nismo... but I guess that's neither here nor there.

red reading

How much did the syvecs weigh in at all in Danny?

Can't and don't want to remember, but it is pretty much a plug and play affair with a new timing wheel and it work's, not as much as you would think though

Last edited:

danr

the nemu is a moates board, sits in ecu yes. ed@fusion raised a concern over the fact its map is dependant on a pc battery (like the bios of your own pc is). so yes, quite a small part to rely on. but you rely on a lot more functioning in your car properly all the time!
so i guess if you get nervous a lot, then buy something else ;_)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Oh, so they're actually just reselling the product from Moates with their own software? - Now that I look at it, Moates say the board will run Nistune.