Removal of cheap boyracer screamer pipe??

gbedwardsd

I recently bought a pulsar everythings going great with it no problems but... It has a screamer pipe that pops out under the Drivers door and really makes a racket. Ive had a good look and although I'm far from an expert it looks to me like the exhaust side flange has been 'modified' or for want of a better word bodged to incorporate a screamer pipe for no reason except noise (I have checked the serial numbers etc and it is a T28). Has anyone seen this before, and if so what is the best way of getting around the problem? Will the internals of the turbo also have to have been welded up/sectioned somehow? Can I just get hold of a standard flange/downpipe or is simply repiping the screamer into the exhaust the best way?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It should just be the elbow/down-pipe; there's no need for the turbo to have been modified (unless it's a completely divorced wastegate).

If it's an internal wastegate, you've got two options really: Get someone to cut the pipe and weld it back in further down the exhaust; or replace the down-pipe and/or elbow for one without the screamer pipe.
If it's a divorced wastegate, that's a bit harder.

gbedwardsd

Thank you for the advise the next question then, does anyone have a standard downpipe/elbow for sale? Also does anyone want this one with the screamer?